Friday, December 19, 2008

Bible Study and Another Romanian...

Another interesting day in Paradise.  Is this place paradise?  It seems like it.  My sister did her honeymoon in The Maldives, which is supposed to be exquisitely beautiful.  People travel from all over the world to experience their white sand beaches and crystal blue waters.  This is what the waters of the Persian Gulf look like on this island.  The only difference is that this beauty is undeveloped.  There are no public beaches here.  I guess when you live on a small island, the idea of going to the beach is a little passé.  Its like how many San Franciscans do you know go down Lombard street.  I still have yet to go the Winchester Mystery House…because its right there.  Everything is a beach here.  I think if Bahrain re-marketed itself as a tourist destination, this could easily become a global popular hotspot.  Who knows, maybe if I can help the Ministry of Economic Development establish a film industry here, I could be a part of creating more of a tourist industry here as well. Cannes Part Deux,  I know if marketed properly, this could be a dream vacation spot.  The Ritz Carlton Hotel (where I was tonight…more on that below) is one of the World’s greatest resort hotels. 

I went to church today and took along Reji, my associate.  Its really cool…because I am an answer to one of Reji’s prayers and a prophetic word.  God has a calling on his life.  His pastor told him that things would be happening with his ministry.  His pastor also told him it would happen by the end of December.  Reji, believes that my arrival and my passion for my faith and ministry is that answer to prayer.  He is going to help me set up my Bible Study.  Reji, I think spoke a prophetic word over me.  Im not really comfortable in sharing it publicly right now…but if you want to email me I’ll share it with you.  It was something that God had put on his heart.  The strange thing is, its what God put on my heart and on the hearts of a few other people.  The reason why Im having this angst…is that I have a plan now for my life.  And if this word comes to pass it would alter it a bit..  In a good way.  But still…im just getting into a routine, and accepting of my great circumstances, to alter the course now, seems a bit disconcerting.  Then God spoke to me…Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you.  So I shouldn’t worry about the petty details.  God is in control…and he’s setting up everything for me.  He is directing my steps…so I have to remain faithful to that.  My job is to Seek first…I know the rest will take care of itself. 

Speaking of handling all the details.  Pastor Graeme and I had a great lunch.  I really opened up and told him EVERYthing about my life, in as few details as possible…but some of the details were pertinent.  If he is considering me to lead a Bible study, then I felt I should be absolutely honest about everything in my life…even my mistakes and regrets.  By the way…I am an open book about the mistakes of my past.  I think its part of my testimony.  Im a bit reluctant to share the gory details here because I never know who reads this.  But if you want to know…I have no problems sharing what God has delivered me from because its part of my testimony.  Just email rickbeeman@mac.com

So it was confirmation speaking with Graeme.  He had been praying with the board for a few months about someone to lead the Juffair group, and here I show up.  So I was an answer to prayer on two counts today.  That makes me feel like there is something extremely special about my calling.  I really think that God is going to some amazing things..both through the media and through interpersonal contacts.  Im starting to get to know quite a lot of people on the island.  Its just a different atmosphere.  Because of the itinerant nature of the people here (Navy, Gulf Air, Banking) it almost feels like a giant college campus.  I am having more and more fun everyday.  The fact that, Im advancing God’s kingdom, making a cultural impact, and making money…Wow…does it get much better than that?  Yes…it does…

So the Romanian (who swears she just wants to be friends…and I’ve accepted that…she is a very sweet girl) Invited me to Trader Vic’s at the Ritz Carlton with a few of her friends.  She introduced me to Romanian #2…Wow…do they know how to make em in Romania.  This girl is beautiful.  She just arrived and is in training for Gulf Air to be an attendant.  It was nice to talk to someone else that is beautiful and intelligent. 

This sure beats a hut in Africa…I’m glad God called me to this life.  Seek First….

1 comment:

annoymous said...

signed up the right way and now my never to be humble opinion and prayers are ready to be sent into space.............annoymous