Sunday, December 14, 2008

Who needs Hollywood?

I didn’t get much sleep last night.  The drama is ramping up again.  You’d think halfway around the world I’d be away from it. 

It wasn’t five minutes after I posted the blog that I get a call from my ex-wife.  It was strange.  I hadn’t heard her voice in nearly a year (she refuses to take my calls).  In a strange sick and twisted way it was actually nice to hear her voice again.  It was soothingly reminiscent of an earlier happier time.    Does that make me mental?  I do care about her still, very much so and I will probably for the rest of my life.  I never say anything bad about her in the presence of the kids.  She is their mother and she should be respected as much.  She also is an amazingly talented and intelligent woman.  We have three wonderful kids and if there was that much discord during our marriage certainly it would have showed up in the children.  I think she and I could have probably worked through things with proper communication.  Can’t all conflicts be resolved with honest and fair communication.  We only spoke for a few brief minutes when I heard new hubby #2 delivering a screaming profanity laced tirade against me in the background and then the phone was promptly hung up. 

I hate the fact that my kids have to go through this.  It’s not fair…they are so innocent.  Yes I am concerned about them…Im their father and I always will be.  The actions of the past two months, how God has been working in my life, proves to me that coming back to the Middle East to finish what I began in 2005 in Saudi, was absolutely divinely directed.  If that’s the case, I have to trust that God will take care of them.  If I had my way, they’d all be out here with me…living a dream life.  But the legal system doesn’t work that way.  So I’ll just try to make the best of a hard situation.   Your prayers as always are coveted. 

So I made my deadline and Mo the client came in to look at it.  He liked our first version better.  His version was really hip and cool, totally matched his personality.  But when you are creating, you have to know your audience and then tailor your message to meet your audiences direct expectations.  The first video did that. 

I was a little concerned about cash flow when I came on board as GM.  Bottom line I have to increase the bottom line.  The first month was learning, adapting, creating marketing strategies and plans, buying equipment and adding/training key personnel.  I anticipated the revenue from the new marketing material we are creating to start trickling in around months 3-4.  But we’ve had a ton of work the past two weeks and we are going to finish December with a near record month.  We are sooooo busy.  Its good, because the marketing material is still half way done and we have two people about to join staff.  Once, Guy comes on board in a week or so (he has to renew his Passport).  The sky really is the limit for this company.  God has certainly shown his favor upon me.  And with the struggling global economy, I’m very grateful for that.   

God has placed me here in a very unique time, because of my unique qualifications, to create a major impact.  I may talk a good game, about trying to change the world, but I believe you have to speak it out in order to receive it. So I try to speak out whenever I can.  Its not from a place of ego…its from a place of hope and expectation.   I apologize to you readers who may be offended by some of the negativity in this blog.  It is a healing outlet for me.  And from what I’ve read from those who email me…its helpful to you too.  I wish I would have had something like this before everything fell apart.  But if I can help one person avoid the pain and disappointment that I experienced…it wouldn’t make it all worth it…but it would help a whole lot. 

Im going to our church’s Christmas banquet in a few minutes at a local country club.  It will be refreshing to meet like minded Christians.  Iron sharpens iron, and I certainly need more Iron in my diet. 

Thanks for your continued prayers for my children.  And if you ever want to tell me what you think, if I’m overstepping my bounds in any way, I’m always open to constructive criticism…

Peace…

No comments: