Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas

It was an interesting day.  I need to learn to temper my highs and lows.  I heard a sermon by T.D. Jakes once.  He was exhorting to not let your highs get too high nor let your lows get too low.  When you get on a high, take some of that emotion deposit it into a bank account and then make a withdrawal when your lows come.  I think its all about even keel.   I haven’t learned the art of that dance yet.  I still go through a bit of extrmes.  I swear Im not bi-polar, I don’t think.  I was thinking about Christmas trying to make it just another day.  I have no decorations up in my house.  And other than sending gifts to my kids, really haven’t done that much. 

So I get in my car to go to lunch.  Not really feeling sad, until I turn on the radio.  John Lennon’s “Happy Christmas” song was playing.  I just started crying for some reason.  I had to pull off to the side of the road.  Now here is the weird part.  I wasn’t really sure why I was crying.  Im not sure if it was a happy “God is so faithful cry” or a “I miss my family” cry.  Either way… it felt a little strange.  I did have a talk with my daughter again.  We’ve talked twice this week.  Nothing really major, just and exchange of information.  Even though it was basic enough, it still made my day.  I do love that girl so, even though our relationship is so different.  Everyone tells me…the children will come back eventually.  You just have to love them…which I do…unconditionally. 

My Christmas party got cancelled tonight…so it looks like its only four parties in five days.  I could have gone to a club tonight, but I decided to stay home, embrace my loneliness…or should I say alone time.  I try not be lonely.  I just have to focus on the positive.  My kids might not be with me…but they are healthy and whole.  That is a blessing right there.  I know God has a plan for this odyssey, that I’m on…I just have to keep the faith.  

No comments: