Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best new year's ever!

What a great new year’s it was. I think, it was probably one of the best new year’s experiences for me ever. It’s a fitting end to what has truly been a remarkable a year. A year that God showed his faithfulness to me time and time again. It was a year where I reaped what I had sown the previous four years. Professionally and Spiritually it was my best year ever. Psychologically, it was a big comeback year. Healthwise, I’ve never been more fit, or mentally, more attune. The only thing I really didn’t peak at was emotionally. Im still tired of living alone. But I just have to trust God that it will change soon. I think each part of loneliness today, will be multiplied into 10 parts of joy tomorrow. That is just the way that God works. That’s why he holds all your tears in a bottle and counts them.

I had several options where to go for New Year’s tonight. But the television show Im trying to get off the ground, Rock N Royal. Seemed to be the best bet. Hassan’s, the musician, manager invited me to a club event on Al Dar Island. These are Hassan’s islands, I spoke about them before. So he put me on the guest list and wanted me to call him when we got to the port so he could shuttle me in on his private boat. I had an extra ticket, so I invited Lamond along. Lamond Murray, you may remember me mentioning him, played 13 years in the NBA for the Clippers, Raptors, and Nets. He also went to Cal and played with Jason Kidd. I remember when I lived in LA watching Cal beat UCLA in Pauley Pavilion breaking a 18 game losing streak (or something like that) So I was always kind of fan. Now here he is, my friend, that is kind of cool. So while we are waiting at the boat for the Manager’s friend, I was able to pitch the show in more detail. He’s all for it. Now we need to get the distribution and financing plan in place. That shouldn’t be too difficult, I already have verbal excitement from my first two targets for this. Its just a winning. So the DJ arrived and we headed over to the islands on the boat. The islands were decorated just for this event. There must have been around 3-400 when we go there with more on their way. The tickets were $50 each so Im glad he got us in early. I was able to meet up with some friends I knew so it was nice to catch up with them. Plus I met new friends. There were a lot of fluorescent lights and flashing lights, so it resembled a type of rave at a beach. The countdown went on and 2010 hit with a pulsating techno trance session. Fireworks went off, people screamed, fire breathers performed and the gigantic bonfire was ignited. It was a pretty special night. It was also cool getting to know Lamond a little better.

After about an hour after that, we decided to get back on the boat and head back to the shore. We decided to go to another club and that was nice too. However, there are so many Saudis here celebrating, the streets are jammed with cars. So it took us awhile.

So all in all it was a very good day. I better sign off..I’ve fallen asleep two times already why I wrote this.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have had lots of experiences in being used, and each one has been special and especially rewarding.

Happy New Year!