Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A voice...I need a voice

A lot of interesting things happening at work. As you might have read the creditors are really cramping down on Dubai. Dubai’s economy and growth skyrocketed so quickly because of reckless credit. Most of the buildings were financed 90%. Thus when the credit crunch hit, it was like when the great stock market crashed in 1929. Everyone rushed to get their money out. Dubai will be fine in the long run because it has Abu Dhabi to bail them out. Abu Dhabi’s growth has been slow and steady because of oil. But I do think Abu Dhabi will let Dubai twist a bit before bailing them out. The rivalry is a little like San Francisco—Los Angeles, or Houston—Dallas. In some ways the crisis is hitting Bahrain that is why things are pretty tenuous at work. Im refusing to give into fear or speculate about my future here. Nothing is set or solid either. Im just walking by faith. God has brought me here thus far, Im sure he won’t let me down. Now…its not pollyannish or like stork puts his head in the ground when troubles come. Im realistic and aware of the pressures and threats. But my God has gotten me out of far worse jams in the past. Im confident that He’ll get me out of this one too. That’s the beauty of recognizing God’s pattern in your life. I have noted in this blog and in my life how many times God has delivered me out of some sticky situations. That is how my faith has grown. I think its good to look back at our history and see God working. Its meant to build us up in faith. So that when the problems come, we know that we’ll get through them. The rest of this month is going to play out in a very interesting way. Im kind of anxious, no maybe that’s not the right word, Im excited to see how God will move this time.

Im a little bit concerned tonight though. We have a funniest person in Bahrain contest. Since I was back in the U.S. I didn’t promote it as I normally would have. So I don’t know what the turn out will be like. Further, Im battling some kind of cold. I think it has a lot to do with the sudden climate changes of traveling around the world in such a short time and my body not realizing what time it really is. So my voice is coming and going. Im the M.C. tonight, so Im going to have suffer through it and hope I don’t sound too horrible. Im like the ringmaster, I don’t really perform but Im there just to make sure the players stay on track and bail them out when they are crashing. Its something Im very good at and I enjoy doing. You know what…the more I write about the uncertainty of the future the more excited Im becoming. I think Im in the midst of a great run here. God called me here to change the world and I know I’ve made a significant difference in a quite a few lives here and who knows what those people in turn will do. I take the notion that if I just changed one person’s life, I did change the world. Is that enough, yes. The parable of the lost sheep. If God wants me to reach one, fantastic, dozen great, hundreds or thousands that’s ok too. Im a vessel and willing to be used however he may see fit. Now Im off to see if my voice can hold up. Im posting this a little bit early so maybe you could say a quick prayer for me. Prayers certainly work.

No comments: