Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Something Big is happening in December

Had a really nice day today. I didn’t do much in the office. Its just kind of this weird position Im in. Im still in title the General Manager, but title only. So my job is being adjusted on the fly. God is doing some amazing things in my life. Throughout this whole transition process I’ve had an extreme amount of peace in my heart. I know by this time next month I’ll be living somewhere else. It might be Bahrain, it might be somewhere else. I gave my notice that I’m leaving the apartment. So I will have a new place to call home the middle of the next month. I knew that December would be HUGE for me. God spoke it into my heart. That’s why Im not stressed about the details. God has always come through for me before and this time is no different. By noting down his faithfulness through this blog actually strengthens my faith. And putting it out there for the world to see, Also kind of puts me really out there. But it something Im doing by faith. I guess its like Elijah when he challenged the false prophets to see whose sacrifice would get burned, then he went and poured water of the sacrifice just to make sure that if there was something it would definitely be God. I feel like Im doing a little bit of the same thing, putting it out there to show that God will be God. Because if he speaks into my life so specifically…there’s no reason why he doesn’t speak into everybody’s life the same way. So here I am walking out on a plank, hoping that God will catch. Im not trying to force God into action, that is not my motivation, and I think its wrong. Rather I was this blog to not be about Rick, his heartache over divorce and the loss of closeness of his kids, his career, and life in the Middle East. (I know I just referred to myself in the third person. I can’t believe I did that). Rather I want it to be a chronicle of God’s amazing faithfulness. I hope this encourages you. I certainly don’t want it to be a forum for a negative rant about X. That would just turn it into an online Jerry Springer, and that certainly is not my heart.

After work, I played the Finn in squash at a place called the Dilmun Club. It was convenient because at this same club our church was holding their annual Christmas banquet. I had attended the banquet last year. So it was nice getting together with members of the church in a social setting. There are many pre-existing relationships in the church. There are a lot of families and just not a lot of single people. So Its really hard to get to know people there. The people that know each other just stay in their circles. But rather than just moan and complain about it. I try to be proactive. I try to reach out to the people that are alone, because that is how I would like to be treated. It really works. Ive developed several close relationships that way.

Im creating my own website. Its actually easier to do than I thought. Right now…there’s just one page, but hopefully by this weekend, I’ll have it updated with pictures, videos, this blog and other things.

Now that the inauguration of the port is complete I can release the video to the public. If you’d like to learn a little about Bahrain’s interesting history check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM1Wza4i6C8

Thanks again for your prayers, I think you’re all in this with me.

No comments: