Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dubai Film Festival

Im so wiped out today..but it was a truly fantastic day, I’ll try to go through as much of it as I can before falling asleep. I got to Dubai and hug out in the airport business class lounge long enough to eat breakfast. Then I was off to Zayed University. My father had a classmate from Evangel University who is now the provost at the school. He wanted me to meet with the dean of the media department. It was a very interesting meeting.

Then I swung back to the hotel. I decided to splurge a bit. The Bollywood Producer Im meeting tomorrow is staying here, so I decided to stay here to, to make it easier. This place is amazing. Normally I don’t like to stay in nice hotels by myself because it makes me sad that I don’t have a special person to share it with. But I got over it this time. I took a 20 minute nap…that’s it then I was done. Then I went for a vigorous workout in their great facility. I mean state of the art. Then they have a great indoor pool. I went for a nice swim and then just napped next to the pool for about 30 minutes. I was totally refreshed and relaxed.

This is the last night of the Dubai Film Festival. So for their big premiere they were showing Avatar. All the tickets were sold out, but there was a stand-by waiting list in case someone didn’t show up. I didn’t really want to take the risk of waiting and being rejected by I wasn’t doing anything else. So I remember saying a small prayer, God let me get in to see this movie. God cares about the little things right? So Im walking up to the movie and somehow I wind up on the red carpet. Everyone started taking my picture. I felt a little embarrassed and just kept walking. The Dubai Film Fest is a big deal internationally. It draws in a lot of stars. Plus Avatar was premiering internationally here, three days before the worldwide release. So as Im standing in line there are tons of people there. Lots of excitement in the air. I saw many tuxedoes, and evening gowns. People were really going all out for this event. So I tried not to get my hopes up. Then all of sudden out of nowhere I see my friend Art, Mr. Brooklyn. He was invited to judge some of the films. I yelled out for him and we talked for a bit. I told him I was in the stand by line. So he gave me his ticket to Avatar. He had seen so many movies that week…he couldn’t stomach another one. So prayer answered. The film was excellent.

OK…Im dead tired…im not even going to proofread this tonight..so I apologize if there are grammatical errors.

No comments: