Monday, July 13, 2009

A sad day

Little bit of a disappointing day, especially for my parents. My daughter decided that she didn’t want to see me or them. Of course it is my fault. She does have an excuse. But its been a different excuse each time she’s refused to see me the last 18 months. I think they have an unspoken mantra in that house...if there is something wrong it must be my fault. I really don’t blame her…as much as the kids deny it, its parental alienation. Part of the alienation is that they kids defend the custodial parent and argue that their thoughts are their own. It took me three days to get the boys used to me again. This aspect of divorce is seldom talked about. It sucks. I refuse to talk bad about X in front of them. However, she allows them to read this blog when it suits her purposes. I’ve complained too much already. I have my boys, and Im going to make the best of my time with them. I love my daughter very very much. I wish I could have the normal relationship that most father’s and daughters have…but she has been poisoned. It really is quite tragic. I am just going to keep on loving her…as Im loving my boys.

My father and I took the boys out to see Star Trek. It was actually quite emotional for me. I was my boys age when I first got into the TV series in the 70’s. Now my kids are getting into the characters. It was like the emotional passing of the torch. It was very nice to be able to share that with them. Max was especially attuned to the film. He is really good at picking up the nuances of the story. He’s even better at it than me…and Im a professional. He wants to be a director and wants to be my apprentice. I think if he put his mind to it…he could be a very good director someday.

After the movie Spencer decided the next order of entertainment. We went to a Mini Golf type of park, played video games, rode bumper boats and played mini-golf. I know I have six days left with the boys…but Im starting to dread leaving them again, especially since we are bonding so well. Im going to cut this short tonight. Please pray for my children especially the restoration of the relationship. Its really quite sad what is occurring especially since the kids are loved and adored so much.

No comments: