Friday, July 3, 2009

Ready to take off

Not sure if I’ll be in a position to update this blog regularly for the next couple of weeks. Im not sure what my schedule will be. Its 1:15 am, and I just got finished packing and am heading to the airport for a 3:50 am flight to Dubai…then a 6:50 am flight from Dubai to LAX. Its weird…I leave on July 4th, spend 18 hours in the air and still arrive on July 4th. What a way to celebrate Independence Day but back on U.S. soil. I’m going to meet Miss So. Ca, so that will be an interesting experience to say the least. I have a pretty good routine for overcoming jetlag. Guy, gave me a nice compliment a few months back when he returned to the U.S. He said he was wiped out for a week, and didn’t know how I bounced back after a day or two. I think its practice plus God’s grace. I try not to sleep that much on the plane. I have all these movies to watch. So that passes the time. Plus I have the last seven episodes of Lost Season 5 downloaded and ready to watch…Woo-hoo.

For church today the teens and the leaders when to a mall to have breakfast together. This is our last meeting for the summer so its kind of a tradition. I really like my role with helping out the teens in church. It’s a blessing.

We had a practice session for The Funniest Person in Bahrain. We have amassed several very talented performers. As I was giving coaching/direction I went outside of myself to hear what I was saying. Im really good at this. Im fortunate I landed up in the career that I have. I like helping people maximize their talent and potential.

I am so looking forward to seeing my kids. Its been 9 months. Way too long. Im trying to prepare myself for how different they’ll look from what I remember. That is going to be very hard emotionally. I know I made a choice to come to the Middle East, a choice I know that I know that I know was inspired and directed by God. But still, part of that choice/cost was missing this key development with my children. I wish I could be a more integral part of their lives raising them in a God-fearing/loving manner. But my prayers will suffice. God’s deal with me, was that if I were to remain faithful to Him, he would take of the children. I have to have faith that he’ll come through on his end of the bargain. If I could have the kids, I’d take them in a heartbeat. That actually is my prayer still…but that will take a mini-miracle to happen…But all things are possible.

As Im heading back to the U.S. after 9 months of being here. I was reflecting on my calling to change the world. Have I accomplished that or when will I? There is one person in particular that I’m thinking of. I know that through my efforts she turned her life around back to Christ. She said I was extremely instrumental in that. So for that one person alone, God used me to change her world. How the ripple effect in the pond of life that turns into a tidal wave across the ocean remains to be seen. So God has already helped me change the world. Im looking forward to the next adventure. It was pretty amazing. I updated my facebook profile stating I was going to be seeing my kids for two weeks. I got so many positive responses from that. There’s a lot of people out there that care for me. It’s a great support. Thank you.

Im going to keep this short. Perhaps I’ll write more on the airplane.

No comments: