Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another great day with the boys

I had a nice day with my boys today. The more time I spend with them the more time we grow closer together. Spencer crawled in bed with me in the morning and we cuddled again. That is so special to me. He’s still my little boy. I was wondering if he had grown out of that, but I’m glad he hasn’t. I wish I could have more time with my boys, but I’ll try to make the best of it.

Max and I went and got breakfast at Sonic. I’m determined to go to all the fast food breakfast places I can while I’m here. Spencer always wants to stay home when possible so he can play Wii. He’s so addicted, and he’s pretty good at it. So we went off to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the Dollar movie theater. You can still watch a movie for $1.50. So that is a bargain. Movies are so stinkin’ expensive these days. It’s an effort to take a family of four out, after popcorn and drinks…you’re looking at nearly $100. It’s a shame really. Sports are even worse.

So during the film Spencer sat on my lap for the movie. That made me feel great. I was hoping he hadn’t grown out of that either. It just brought back so many memories. I don’t think Spencer has ever seen a movie where he hasn’t sat on my lap at one point or the other. We also went to their favorite store at let them buy two .99 cent gifts. They were happy about that. I had to rush home to take David’s son Kevin, back to his Mom’s house and then to his baseball game. It took about an hour, but David was in a jam. So I don’t mind helping out.

Things got dicey at dinner. Max was really getting upset. He wanted me to explain why I was keeping so much information from him. He wanted to know what was so grown up about it. He said his mom gave her point of view, and that I wasn’t giving mine. My fall back answer is that he’ll understand when he’s older. I don’t want to say anything negative about his mom or his living situation directly to him. I think that’s the worst thing you can do to a child. So I refuse to say anything bad about their mom in front of them. It’s so hard sometimes. I want to defend myself…explain the situation…but in the long run it would cause so much more damage. I just have to trust God…that He’ll protect the kids. I keep my mouth shut. That’s kind of what God has instructed me to do anytime that attacks come from X. He tells me to do nothing. That is sooooo contrary to my personality. But anything I do or say…just pours more kerosene on an already combustible situation.

So we got home in the evening, played Wii…I got some work done and played Max Go fish. A pretty incredible night. Thanks for your supportive emails. Your prayers are working.

(Max read this blog and helped me edit it to more correctly match his point of view.)

No comments: