Friday, September 11, 2009

A better day

Well today was a better day, if for no other reason than it put distance between the day previous. I suppose I just need to hunker down and trust God that he’s going to handle the financial details of my business. This is a unique situation for me. Im not used to being responsible for the bottom line cash flow of a business. I have done GM type duties in my other positions as producer of various projects. But those were all short 3-5 month deals. This is long term. I have made some mistakes the first time around, and I’m learning from those. I just had no idea that our cash flow would so quickly dry up in four months. I needed to have more in reserve during the down time. Hopefully we can keep the ship afloat. The long term prospects seem so promising. I know as General Manager my duties seem so widespread sometimes. Im concerned I might be spreading myself a little too thin at times. Hopefully once we get a competent sales executive in, that will run a little bit more smoothly.

They closed down the location for the church for the next few weeks. It was precaution because of the swine flu. They are even closing down some of the schools as preventive measures. They are being very aggressive with it. So the church had to find a location at the last minute. They were going to divide up the congregation between the small group home leaders houses. So I was going to get some folks. Then at the last minute they brokered a deal with a hotel. So church was at a hotel right around the corner from me. So it was convenient. Almost the entire congregation made it to the new venue. That is pretty amazing considering there are over 500 or so in the congregation and they just nailed down the location two days ago. That is good communication. There aren’t a lot of options for churches out here…Im just fortunate that one of the few choices is a good one.

I came back, and watched Jack Bauer save the U.S. from nuclear holocaust. Took a nap and went for a long kayak ride. The water was amazingly rough today. It makes it so much more strenuous. If I don’t pay attention, I can easily capsize. It felt at time as if I was whitewater rafting. I much prefer the water when its calm and still as glass. But it’s a better workout when its rough. I was completely drenched. But I did my thing where halfway, I just stop, drift and talk to God. He did impress upon me that the next few weeks were going to be difficult, and I needed to prepare myself emotionally for them. Im not really sure what that means. But the early warning signs that God has given me in the past to prepare for difficult times are amazingly accurate. Im just supposed to “seek him” during this time, and he is going to handle all the details of whatever situation that I find myself going through. Seeking Him, allows me to maintain my peace in the midst of the storm.

Russ invited me over for dinner and a movie at his place. There were three others there. It was a nice night of fellowship. We had Thai food delivered and watched Return of the King. I had seen it four times before, so I excused myself after the first ending (It has like four endings). I have a morning shoot tomorrow. So thank you again for your prayers…they are coveted.