Sunday, September 20, 2009

NFL in Bahrain

Ok…I’m kind of jazzed right now. I am totally addicted to the internet. I just signed up for the NFL.com package where I can watch every single football game the entire season. Its only available for people outside the U.S. So the crazy part is, I won’t be subject to blackouts, and I can watch all the Oakland Raider games. I know Im kind of a sports dork. But Im a pretty passionate fan. The 10am games or the east coast games start for me at 8:00 PM, so its kind of prime time for me. Whereas the late/west coast games start at 11:00 PM, which is a little inconvenient. When I lived in Taiwan in 2002 that is the the year the Raiders went to the superbowl. Can you believe that, the one year that the Raiders are good and Im out of the country missing it. But I used to wake up at 2:00 AM (Taiwan time) and listen to the radio simulcast of the game, not even video. So I’m glad technology has caught up. Plus I get to watch in HD. Now this is only available for people overseas. So Im kind of lucky this way. Now…I just hope the Raiders don’t suck again this year.

My body clock is kind of off. It is supposed to be Eid, where there is a three day celebration after Ramadan. It’s kind of like Christmas for the Muslims. Lots of family get togethers and gift giving. I have a deadline so Moody and I went into work today to get the project done. I think we’ll hit the deadline. I have never missed a deadline, so Im determined for my first Arabic project not to be my first. Having an enthusiastic Arabic speaking editor is a huge blessing. I hope we can get enough work to keep him around. He’s got a great attitude.

Im so sore today. I think the two a day games of racquetball and squash have caught up to me. So Im taking the day off exercise wise. Graeme, my pastor, asked me to do a monologue in church in two weeks. Im becoming more and more involved. I really like that. It’s a good church especially considering its an overseas all-denominational church. I’ve been to some pretty dry churches in my day, and this certainly isn’t one of them.

I was talking to a friend today about a comedy show that is tomorrow. I need to go, and Im treating it as a work event. How cool is that? I can go to a comedy club and it be 100% work related. Some of my participants in The Funniest Person in Bahrain are participating in it. Plus I want to go scout talent for more contestants.

I went out with Moody after work, to a nice Turkish restaurant around the corner from my office. I usually stick with American chains like Fuddrucker’s and Chili’s, but its nice to branch out to ethnic cuisine. The food was amazing, especially the Baklava for desert.

No comments: