Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another One on the team

God is very faithful. The fact that he forewarned me about the next few weeks and by faith, I shared it in this blog I think proves his faithfulness. The bombs keep dropping, yet my faith is not diminished one iota. In fact, its increased. If God is going to be faithful in forewarning me about the bad times, don’t you think he’s going to be faithful and come through with the blessings he foretold me would come in the future. Something, I don’t know what is going to happen by December. Im not really sure what its going to be, but I know its going to be big. This was prophesied and spoken into my life several times, starting about 10 months ago by my co-worker Reji. Since then God has kept encouraging me to hold on til December. Usually whenever God gives me dates like that He always comes through.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at work right now. The pressure of meeting payroll is big. But Im trying not to stress about it. I know that God is control and He will make a way when there seems to be no way. Remember when I said a few weeks ago that God told me we would squeak by Ramadan financially by the skin of our teeth. Well..when we got the two big jobs in, I thought to myself, we are going to be fine all the way through Ramadan, I must have heard God wrong. Well starting last Thursday with the delay of our big project, we are officially in the “by the skin of our teeth mode.” So Im just waiting on something to fall.

Darin, our new sales guy started today. He is really sharp. He has a 14 and 13 year old and seems to be my age. I wanted to take him to a sales lunch to get to know him better. He too is a Christian. I don’t hire people based on religious preference at all…in fact I try not to even ask that during the interview. So that makes 8 Christians now in our office of 18. I just find those numbers to be absolute amazing. I don’t think any other company in the Middle East has nearly 50% employment of Christians. Again, Im not stacking the deck, I think these people are being drawn to this company for some reason. So Darin and I talked a lot on the way to lunch. I asked him about the divorce rate in India. Only 10% get divorced. He said, its because its culturally not acceptable there. You get married and you are expected to stick it out no matter what. The Husband is expected to take care of the finances, and the wife is expected to take care of the Husband and the kids. Its like it was in the U.S. in the 50’s. What they call the good old days. He said that is slowly changing though. India so wants to be like America, in everything. It seems like the rest of the world emulates America. Unfortunately some of what America is exporting is the substandard morality and the break up of the family. While America is still the greatest country in the world…its export of “You deserve to be happy right now” is certainly discouraging. I am ashamed that I am part of that divorced statistic, but we’ve been over that before.

I learned something today. Don’t eat a big meal at Fuddrucker’s and then go play your English friend Squash. I like Austin, he’s a good kid. He’s a scuba diving construction worker, which sounds kind of cool. Our games are pretty intense because we are evenly matched. I told him about my positive living group and invited him a few months ago. He told me he doesn’t get into religious stuff, so I just dropped it. He’s been asking me questions lately about the group. He said he wants to come with his girlfriend next week, just one time to check it out if that is OK. Its absolutely OK. Im just trying to make myself available and God is doing all the work.

I apologize if I have come across in the blog as judgmental or egotistical regarding my exploits here. I try to say again and again, that I am merely a vessel which God is placing in extraordinary situations meeting extraordinary people. I really can’t take credit for anything that is happening, other than Im extremely stubborn and don’t give up. My teachers and parents always told me, I don’t know when to quit. I guess I have never quite learned that one. As far as accomplishments, Im the same person now as I was when I was a cingular telephone operator making $8/hour, or a stagehand at a concert company making $12/hour. My settings have changed but the person hasn’t. All the glory and honor should go to God, not myself. If I have been arrogant or strayed off course from my calling I’ll work on it. But from what God is speaking into my life…Im right on course looking forward to December.

No comments: