Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Three days in one

I’m pooped. But a very fulfilling kind of exhausted. I think I did three days worth of activity today. I got up early to do my kayak. That always is fun. I still get nervous taking my bottle of water out in the bay. I have to look around just to make sure that there are no boats around. That early in the morning, its usually only a fishing boat or two at most. Its very peaceful.

I got into work and did the detail work on the project. Details include, color correction, picture tweaking, effects. All the little things that don’t really affect the story. I have to put it on DVD tomorrow for the higher ups to review. But at this point I think its nearly finished. This way I can turn my attention to another project that is currently underway. I have hired a freelance associate producer to help on this project. This kid is fresh out of film school in Los Angeles, and really a great and enthusiastic kid. He is trying sooooooo hard. He likes to give me updates on what he is doing ever 30 minutes. I had to tell him, I hired you so I don’t have to think about what you are doing. I just want to have faith that you are getting it done. Because he is fluent in Arabic and English he has been invaluable with helping transcribe and translate the interviews. Its really a great opportunity for him to learn. But I keep thinking I need to install a hamster wheel at the office so he can burn off his excess energy. Was I that way when I first started out in my career? I’m fairly certain I was. I like having him around. Trying too hard is a lot better than the alternative, and I’ve had a few of those employees as well.

I rushed home to have lunch with the Germans, Swiss, South Africans, and Lebanese guys, from the Ministry of Culture project. They can’t eat their lunch in the building since it’s a Government facility. So I had them over to my flat and ordered Fuddrucker’s. They had never had Fuddrucker’s before so it was kind of fun indoctrinating them into the American Culture. There were seven of them. It was really interesting conversation. I think there were at least four countries represented at Lunch. After we ate, we watched the video on the History of Seaports since a lot of the material affects them in their project. Afterwards, they wanted to watch some of the clips from The funniest person in Bahrain contest. It sure was nice not only seeing them laugh…but laugh hard. We have a good product on our hands. I meet with the head of Bahrain Radio and TV tomorrow to talk about it. Say a prayer for me.

I ended up the day playing Darren in Squash. Both of us like to play a lot, because we are evenly matched and extremely competitive. It’s such a great way to keep fit. I wish there was some way I could play my boys. I know that Spencer would love it. By the end of the fourth game, I was really feeling it. I guess kayaking earlier in the day really took it out of me. I was fine for the first two games, but completely winded for the last two.

I was chatting with a friend about what I had been up to the last two days. She made a comment, “Wow, what a life you lead.” I guess she’s right. Im so active sometimes, I don’t sit back and just say wow… Im halfway across the world, going into a new and different adventure almost daily. Im very very very blessed and fortunate. Even thought I do have a lot of activity, I rarely feel busy. That is a blessing. Once I finally find that wife (I have a hunch that might happen sooner than later)…I think nearly all my dreams will have come true. I miss my kids, I wish I could have them again. But I know that I know that I know, that Im right where God wants me to be. He told me he’s taking care of them.

No comments: