Saturday, September 26, 2009

"For Laughing out loud..."

Another nice day for me. A little bit quiet. I slept in and played Russ racquetball at the Navy Base. Im proud that I didn’t hit him this time. That last time was weird. I do love going onto the base. I wish they would sell memberships, it has everything. But since Im not a navy guy nor a Dept. of Defense employee, I need to get someone to sign me on. Whenever we do go, we usually have lunch at Taco Bell…which they don’t have on the island. You don’t appreciate Taco Bell until you don’t have it. So think of me when you are downing your next chalupa.

I came back and I was so tired and looking forward to my Sat. afternoon nap. But then I just started chatting with my friends. That is so nice. I am really cyber-connected. I have as many friends online then I do around Bahrain. That isn’t meant to make me sound pathetic. But I have several really great acquainstances here and 5 really great friends. I think that is a good mix. Since I don’t have my children/family regularly, I have more time devote to friendships. Friendships take an investment of time.

I had a meeting with Sidd and Aqua Fuego, and I think we were able to come to terms on a deal. Im glad I played hardball. Its so nice when you have option in which to turn. Im totally hooked on “The Office” now, another DVD series. Darren let me borrow season 2 and season 3. So Im thinking…is that what Im like as GM. The show is so clever and written well. Here I am sitting alone in my flat and I burst out with laughter. I laugh hard for a few seconds then realize…im alone…awkward. Isn’t that a little strange that we tend not to laugh out loud when we are alone. At least I do anyway. But im comfortable with myself now. Im completely at ease with being alone.

I talked to my dear friend in Florida, she’s young…but boy is she cute. Well see how that develops. It is nice having someone where I can unload on, and she’s a good listening ear. I topped it off by having a really nice dinner with my dutch friend Marloes. Marloes is a beautiful girl and a great friend, but there is nothing in the romantic possibility there. She is amazing because she tends to attract some really powerful and influential people with her spirit. Her spirit is a bit contagious, every one wants a part of it. She is going to help me teach the acting classes whenever we get back in session. Oh, speaking of the acting classes, part of my negotiation with Sidd was that I was going to create a dramatic improv night. It will be similar to the improv, but much more serious. I got the idea from watching the hundreds of dramatic improvs from my acting classes. I often thought “Wow…this stuff is really good, it would make for great theater.” Now here is the chance we’ll get to see if it works. I don’t think that live dramatic improv has been done before…if you know if it has, let me know. There is no real live theater in Bahrain and very little in the Middle East. This could be an outlet for live theater lovers. Once again, its something different we are going to try for this area. If it is successful, it will entertain, make money, and advertise KSDi and the acting classes for Bahrain. I think it will be a hit. We’ll probably have a slowly growing but loyal audience. Im pretty excited about the possibilities. Its either going to be a fantastic success or a fantastic failure.

I haven’t been sleeping enough lately. Hopefully I can get into a good routine…starting tonight.

No comments: