Monday, September 7, 2009

The swine flu has finally arrived

I was thinking yesterday about this. I don’t think I’ve been bored for months. I really don’t think I’ve been bored at all since I’ve been here. That is a pretty amazing thing if you think about it. I live alone and have tons of time on my hands. I don’t really have a go to friend to hang with, and no romantic relationships..at least not locally. So theoretically, I should be bored quite often. But Im not. I actually crave the times that I am alone. I have a healthy balance of exercise, work, and leisurely activity. My day overall is pretty full. I think that is a little indication that Im right where Im supposed to be for this season of my life. God is handling all the details. Since Im doing His work, he is rewarding me with peace, joy and contentment. Im pretty blessed overall.

I am a little wiped out right now. Perhaps Im getting too much exercise. Darren and I are totally hooked on playing each other in squash. We are very evenly matched players. Except he kicked my butt tonight. Im ruing the day I recommended that he buy his new racquet. Before, he couldn’t beat me…now…he skunked me. We were playing with a new friend…Austin the scuba diver in a round robin type of play. I won the first game then lost the next six. So my pride really took it on the chin. I just get so wiped out when I play this game. As far as the upper body is concerned, Im the fittest I’ve ever been, but after 3 or 4 games of squash, Im absolutely knackered. I keep thinking, well if I keep playing this hard eventually I’ll get in better shape. Its been a month now, and Im still wheezing. Its not about the winning, well it is…but im more interested in the workout. It’s a great workout.

Tanya came back to the office today. I was so excited to see her. She’s like my best friend and confidante on the island. I had so many things to tell her. It will be nice having her back around. I sent the proposal off to Bahrain TV to have KSDi produce some of the shows. Im not sure how much money they have, but anything would be helpful. It’s a wait and see game now.

I got a note from my Pastor Graeme. Our church meets in a prestigious private school. The Government has ordered all schools closed for 2-3 weeks to try to contain the spread of the Swine Flu. Its just now hitting here. 3 people died from it last week. So since the schools closed, they don’t want our church meeting there for the next few weeks. Since I host a small group, they asked me if I’d be willing to hold church in my flat for a portion of the church. I’d be glad to help the church anyway I can. So I gladly accepted. Not sure how many people will show up though. Only three showed up last time we did this. Many church goers use this as an excuse to sleep in.

This is the last Monday that we are NOT holding our positive living group. Since its Ramadan, a lot of my Muslim friends told me they could not make it. So I took it on hiatus for a few weeks. I actually miss having it. I’ll gear up again next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pat said that he needed to start practicing.