Monday, September 21, 2009

Not much happened today

Some day…no most days, I have tons to write about. That is kind of nice. I truly am living an amazing adventure over here. Work doesn’t feel like work, unless there are payroll issues, and I really do know a lot of people on this island. I am absolutely blessed. But today is one of those rare days where not much happened. The fact that I can think of being here for 11 months and I’ve only had about 10 of these days I think is pretty significant. Now keep in mind I wasn’t bored. Which still amazes me. I should have been bored by now, at least once. The fact that I haven’t just blows my mind. Whenever I do have a little bit of inactivity, I throw in a DVD so I’m always doing something.

Today was the 2nd of the 3rd day of the Eid holiday. Our office had it off. But Moody and I went into the office anyway. We have a deadline to meet. The good part is that I went in late at 12, and only stayed til 6. So I was able to sleep in and it was a relaxing day. The next two weeks are going to be very tough. I have to worry about the cash flow, but I have three projects due on the first of October. I have to pour all my energies into those. Its early tonight so I think I’ll get a good night’s sleep and resume my kayaking tomorrow. I’ve been playing so much squash and racquetball that my kayaking is down to once or twice week.

I did talk to my boys at length yesterday. That was very nice. Please keep me and them in your prayers. The next four weeks are going to be interesting. I’ll write more tomorrow…but Im just not feeling it tonight.

No comments: