Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back to Bahrain this weekend

Im headed back to Bahrain this weekend. It has me a little reflective. Bahrain was a great era in my life. It was the starting over part for me in Life Take 2….as I noted in the past. I was there for just under two years. I poured my heart and soul into my spiritual, personal and professional life there. It truly was an experience for me. Even though it was just under two years, the memories and friendships I made there made it seem like almost 10 years. But about a year plus into it, God spoke into my heart that Bahrain would not be a long term thing for me. He was right about six months after that I was gone. Before that happened though, I was so confident that God was moving me on, I moved in with my friend Pat the basketball coach. I told him it would only be for a month and that I just had to wait on God. That month turned into six. But Pat was gracious enough to let me stay on longer. Finally the call came and it was time for me to move. So even though I knew it was going to happen. I had to wait on God’s timing. That was hard to do. But like always, God is faithful.

I think Bahrain for me was like a training camp. It was to get ready for the regular season, or the big leagues. I feel like the big leagues are here in Dubai. Bahrain TV did want to produce three of my shows, but for one reason or the other the deals didn’t come together. I think I didn’t want to push them too hard because I knew that Dubai would be a better market for them. Im meeting all the right people now, to see that this indeed is a perfect place for them. But I can’t rush things. I have to wait for God’s timing again.

Im excited to see The Finnish couple, my friends Darren and Russ. I hope I can meet up with Isa too. These are just a few. If I were to mention all the names of the people that impacted me in the two years I was there, I could probably write for 10 pages. This is no exaggeration. All these people left such an indelible impression on my life. Im a pretty blessed guy to have all these relationships. I think when you are where God wants you to be, he will use you in powerful ways. All you have to do is be willing and obedient. I certainly have learned to do that. I tell God “Whatever” this is with a much different tone then when Jennifer tells me “whatever”. When I say “Whatever” to God that means Ill go where He wants me to go and do what He wants me to do. Usually with few questions asked. I’ve been living my life like that for the past five years and I feel like everything is coming up roses with a few notable exceptions.

I am quite open about my past, my failures and successes through this blog. I hope to use as an encouraging ministry tool out there for whoever might need it. Romans 15:4 says: 4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. I try to be open through this blog and my life so others might have encouragement and hope. That is one of my callings now. I don’t do it to throw dirt on my former relationships, but rather so that my struggles can be used as an example. I think my life makes a very compelling argument for the faithfulness of God. That’s why Im so out there with all of this.

So Im going to go back see my old employees and co-workers, friends, and associates. I’ll try to beat Darren and the Finn in squash. The only thing that will be missing is a kayak. The kayak will come soon enough.

No comments: