Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Meaning of Life

I know I keep harping on certain subjects in this blog. I think its because Im discovering new things about myself still. I grew up in the church, been a Christian since I was four years old. There isn’t much about the Bible or God that I don’t already know. But still, I learn more and more every day. This morning was one of those days. Im in a routine now where I wake up (without an alarm clock isn’t that great.) I roll out of bed, start off on my knees consecrating the day to God and seeking power over whatever might tempt me. I think its called renewing my mind daily. Then I ask our maid for breakfast. I either take a shower or do emails. I don’t take a shower sometimes if I plan on working out, swimming, biking, or doing stairs later in the afternoon. At breakfast I read the Bible. Currently Im in Jeremiah. Boy did Jeremiah have a rough calling. I just read today where God instructed him not to marry or have children, not to go to any parties, or have dinner at people’s houses and not to go to funerals. Now you can plainly see why Jeremiah is referred to as the “weeping prophet.” I know Im called to be in Dubai, but my situation (even with the emotional struggles) seems so much easier than Jeremiah’s. After breakfast I go sit on my balcony and overlook the marina. This is my prayer closet. I don’t talk. I don’t tell God what I need, or to protect or deliver me. I just sit there. I allow God to speak to me if he chooses to. Most of the time he chooses to speak with me. Sometimes I listen, sometimes I engage in conversation. Its intimacy with my creator. Im convinced the reason why he created us was for us to have this type of communion with him. Sometimes there are some grand insights, other times its just hanging out with my father. God wants from us intimacy and relationship more than anything. Often times we get so busy with life we just neglect this basic principle. To think I only spend about 10-15 minutes just sitting there. Why haven’t I been doing this more? It fills me with such strength and resolve. Often times we only seek this type of intimacy or hunger after God when some sort of stress or calamity comes upon to drive us to our knees. Yes that is a positive byproduct of trials. But I think the reason why intimacy is so important is that God wants to teach us how to be calm, peaceful, and serene through any struggle. For example, I had four different things happen to me today that could have really made me have a bad or even horrible day. If I were to list them you would agree with me, that ‘yes Rick had a pretty crappy day.’ But because I had this intimate moment with God this morning, that gave me the inner strength I needed. So even though a few things didn’t go my way, I didn’t lose any peace or joy over it. It doesn’t make sense in the natural. But it was how God always had planned it in the supernatural. I had a good day. God’s perfect design was for us to peace and joy no matter what the enemy throws our way. Don’t you think that makes the enemy pissed that Im having such a good day when by all circumstances I shouldn’t be. Monty Python searched for the Meaning of Life. And here I found it. It was in front of me the entire time. Sometimes I realized it was there, sometimes I forgot. I guess ill have to keep learning.

No comments: