Saturday, October 16, 2010

My butt is sore!!!!

I’ve been getting a little preachy on the blog lately. Its not really my main intention. I just kind of sit down with little forethought and what comes out, comes out. Im a little leery of preachy people too, other than pastors, since that is their job. My experience is the preachier a person seems to be the more they have something they are compensating for. I certainly don’t want to fall in that category. People talk about what they are passionate about. (Wow I just finished two sentences with prepositions and Im supposed to be a professional writer…sheesh) So if you ever want to find out what makes a person tick, just listen for their subject matter. I happened to be incredibly passionate about my faith, that’s why it always seeps through to this blog. I make no apologies for it. But just know Im not perfect, but Im striving to be. Im also passionate about the Raiders but few people want to hear about them.

It was a hard day for me as I really miss my kids. Its frustrating when I realize there is nothing I can do to fix the situation at hand. I just have to rely upon prayer and time. I know God is faithful. I know Im where Im supposed to be for this season in my life. So Im trusting that he will handle all the details. God is faithful.

Reg let me borrow his bike, so I have been going on long Bike rides this weekend. Two hours yesterday, and 90 min. today. Boy is my butt sore. It was really nice to explore the neighborhood. There are a lot of beautiful homes around here. I was scouting out locations as Jennifer wants to live in a villa (as opposed to an apartment) so she can bring her dogs over. I really didn’t anticipate missing her as much as I do. That is entirely a good thing. We figured when we got married, we were apart anyways, so lets just put a ring on our fingers and be apart exclusively. But my heart (and I think this is the way God designed marriage) grows for her more everyday. Each day she grows more beautiful in my eyes too…which is a bonus. We video chat via iphone 4 several times a day. All we need is a wifi connection and it doesn’t cost an international call.

I have a really big day tomorrow. I had to rent a car because Ali and I have an early morning meeting in Abu Dhabi. I think we’re going to get the pilot approved or at least take the next step in that process. I submitted a budget, outline, script, shooting schedule and the contact thanked me for my professionalism. I don’t think he was used to the thoroughness in this region. If this goes, and it will, I think its going to open up a pipeline of opportunity and more shows. The second meeting is back in Dubai in the Reuters building which is right next to the CNN building in Dubai. We are probably going to start the acting school there. Its going to be a big day, so your prayers are appreciated.

No comments: