Monday, November 30, 2009

14 hours and back in the Middle East

I apologize for not keeping regularly updated accounts on my blog. But since I had so precious little time to spend with my boys, I wanted to focus it all on them. I went out and played basketball with my boys and then played catch with the football with Spencer. Stuff I love to do and something a dad should do with his boys. I love my kids so much. I hate being away from them. They always throw it in my face that I chose to live in Bahrain (something X drills into them). Yes that is true. But I was thinking about this earlier. It seems that there is the most conflict with X whenever I am coming back into town, or whenever I have a potential love interest. The conflict seems to ratcheted up a few levels on that end. Plus we have this whole “drama addiction” which X denies that plays out every 3-4 weeks. If I lived closer the kids would be more directly caught in the crossfire. Since I live so far away the kids are only indirectly affected. So in a sense, I think this is the best situation for them under the present circumstances. I do love my kids, but until X and new hubby start tabling their bitterness and stop projecting their issues onto me, this will continue. I have forgiven them and thus I can honestly say I have peace in my heart about this whole situation. Anytime that God calls you to do difficult things, he’ll give you the strength to be able to do it. I told you that I suspected that X was deleting the emails that I’ve been sending to my daughter, and I don’t think that’s the case. Instead, I think they somehow blocked me from sending the emails to her. I forwarded all the email to my mother’s account and then she forwarded them onto Lindsey who then finally said she got them. Im sure X will deny this, as she denies everything that makes her look bad.

My middle son said something today. He said my youngest acts around three years younger when he’s with me. Now my youngest and I get along great. He’s my sports buddy. We have so much fun laughing and playing together. He’s a great playmate and we are very silly most of the time. My middle son tells me that the youngest is usually more shy and quiet when he’s at the other house, which leads me to believe that he is more comfortable and more of himself around me for some reason. I wish there was someway I could raise the boys full time over here. But that would take a miracle. I do believe I would provide the best environment for them. Boys need to be with their dads, while girls need to be with their moms. I firmly believe that. So if you are a believer, please pray for that to happen. I would love to have my boys full time. It’s a pipe dream at this point since I don’t want to put them through the legal battle and the emotion turmoil, but I server a great God.

As far as working overseas away from the kids. I know that during this season it’s the right thing to do. I still do love my job and its nice have stable employment overseas with the economy so bad in the U.S. right now.

Im writing to you from the Business Class lounge in the Dubai Airport. I just qualified as a gold member so I can enjoy this amazing place. I was telling Ms. Florida that being in this lounge makes me feel rich. It is massive. They have 24 hours food and beverage service, video games for kids, showers, bedrooms, wireless, tv’s, and probably 100 couches and lounges. This place has everything. Im here for a 7 hour layover so its really easy for me to relax and get comfortable here. The flight from Houston to Dubai seemed really short. It was only 14 hours as opposed to the 17 hour flight going the other way. I am acclimating to the travel. The first day is always the weirdest, eating dinner at breakfast time, and vice versa. I’m kind of a fog right now, as I only slept about four hours on the plan. I get back to Bahrain at 3:00 am. So I’ll sleep for a couple of hours and then head to work. Im not sure if the office will be open or not, as Im not sure about the Eid holiday. Im kind of playing that one by ear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would I block emails from one of your email addresses and not all? I have blocked you from MY email account, but I have NEVER blocked or deleted emails from you to ANY of the kids. Your mac address is in their contacts list! I have absolutely no reason to keep you from them. You do that enough yourself. When we looked at the emails that never made it into Lindsey's email box, they were ALL from a ksdi email address. We didn't have a chance to see the ones that Max didn't get, but I would venture that it is the same problem. We have SPAM, junk mail, and pop-up blocks on our computer. This is for the kids' protection. Their accounts may have filtered your emails because they came from a business. Perhaps you should be open to the IDEA that it is actually conceivable that the problem is on your end. We sent this notion to your email, but of course, you didn't post that email as part of your blog. "X"

Rick Beeman said...

Your lying and bending of the truth has become so habitual I cannot trust anything you say anymore. I consider lying when you share a % of the truth and fabricate the rest. Somehow though, you are always able to justify it.

Anonymous said...

As Ms. L and I were speaking last week before we came to your State, she told ME that one problem that she had with her dad was that she NEVER received emails from him.. I said that is strange because he had forwarded couple to me in the past. She said she never received any from him......that is how all this checking and sending and forwarding began. I asked her if she had changed her email address and she said no.....believe me that is how it all began.....this is all so very sad and totally sickening , back and forth, yelling, anger, hate, accusations , I think we are all guilty of wrongs, should let the past be the past and stop all the ugly limited vocabulary that is so prevalent. Start over, time out , love AND LET LOVE AND BE LOVED. For the sake of Christ in our hearts and lives come together

Anonymous said...

the above was from Hayward, Rita Beeman