Sunday, November 1, 2009

Quiz night with an NBA player

It was a tough day today. Im not really ready to fill in the details, but I should be in a couple of days. Please pray for me. OK…the good is that we finally completed project #2 and the client was finally happy with it. Now it has to go to the client’s boss for ultimate approval. So I’ve made about 10 re-edits on this project and still it has to go through one more hoop. I have talked to many other producers here and apparently this is pretty normal. I so have to adapt to this. It is pretty frustrating.

I had a great meal with a guy that runs another production company. He is from the UK and has been in the industry for many years. I chatted with him a great deal at dinner. It has been nice getting his point of view. I have met with him a few times since I’ve been here. We have a mutual respect for each other. I stayed for quiz night afterwards. The two coaches joined me. Then I had a surprise that was kind of cool. Pat one of the coaches invited his star player Lamond Murray out to quiz night. I was always a fan of Lamond, so it was kind of cool to meet him on a social setting. He went to Cal and played with Jason Kidd in the early 90’s. He played big in a huge upset over duke in the NCAA tournament that year. I told him I was at the game at Pauley Pavillion when Cal broke UCLA’s streak over them. Murray went on to play 8 years in the NBA. He retired for two years and came to Bahrain to keep playing for as long as he can. Each team in the Bahrain league can have one foreign player. Murray is head and shoulders…literally over the other players in the league. It was nice to talk about the NBA and his Cal days with him. He seemed to enjoy it too.

So it was a really tough day at work today. I know the 6 weeks thing is over. But the difference now is I have my peace and joy even though my outside circumstances dictate otherwise.

Im pretty beat, so Im going to cut this short. More tomorrow…of course.

1 comment:

Griffin said...

Hello, my name is Griffin and I live on Amwaj Island with my family. I met Lamond at the mall about two weeks ago and we hung out a few times as well. I am 17 years old and follow sports religiously. You seem to have knowledge of American basketball, which not many here in Bahrain do. If you would like, you can meet me and my family sometime. It's always good thing to meet an American here. My email address is bctgg7@yahoo.com. So, you can send me an email and we can all meet up sometime.