Saturday, October 31, 2009

Holding a spot in the 2010 schedule

Well…I get the feeling that my six weeks of challenges are just about over. It seems like a heaviness has been lifted. If this had been a test, I think I passed it for the most part. I fell asleep while writing my blog last night. So I woke up at 4 am finished it up and by then I was awake. So I watched part of movie, did some emails and went to bed when the sun came up at 5 am. I slept til 10 am and felt a sickness coming on. I had flu-like symptoms when I went to bed and I think I had the chills in the morning. But I prayed it away…and about an hour after I named my sickness and claimed victory over it, it was gone. I really haven’t been sick since I have adopted this method of prayer. It really works. Though I am still a diabetic, and I’ve tried to pray that away to no avail. This is where the “God’s grace is sufficient for me” part comes in.

I woke up and went to my favorite little Mexican restaurant for breakfast. I was really sad when they told me they were going to close it down. I’ve developed quite a relationship with the staff there. They were sorry to have to tell me as well. I had a meeting with Bahrain TV today and it was fabulous. I met with Fathi, the head of all Bahrain Radio and Television and he referred me to a consultant from Lebanon who is in charge of the lineup. It didn’t take much for him to give the greenlight to the Funniest Person in Bahrain. They are reserving a spot in their 2010 lineup for it. Now I just have to negotiate a price. Plus they want to run it on TV-44, the Arabic channel, which more people watch than the English. The good news is, I can keep the show in English. The only downside, and its really not that bad, is that it needs an Arabic host. Im hoping I can get Nader to host the show since he is a gifted comedian as well. Now I have to give them a proposal for the financials of the show. They want to create a set in their studio for it. I’d rather keep it at the lounge where we are at now, but we’ll have to see how that plays out. He also asked me if I was better at New Magazine Shows, or Documentaries. Really I excel at both, but I chose news magazines. He assigned me a show to develop on Culture and Technology. Well…FACT magazine, which is an acronym for Fashion Art Culture, Technology, is owned my Omar Khalifa’s son. So we have an immediate partnership there where we can create a video and print version of the magazine. Im also going to try to pitch him a few other projects as well. I would love to turn the acting classes into a tv show. Some of the performances we get out of the classes are dynamite. So I was just floating after that meeting. It dawned on me. I just sold my first tv show. Granted it’s the low-budget, low reach of Bahrain TV, but it’s still a viable broadcast outlet. We can hone our craft here and then maybe expand our programming to the Middle East Market…maybe even the world. This is the first step we’re taking towards becoming a viable entertainment company.

Thank you for your prayers. They are working.

No comments: