Sunday, October 11, 2009

When will October end?

I just knew October was going to be a tough month…and it has been. Today was particularly difficult. We are having real problems at work with the cash flow situation. We have projects and I’m as busy as I’ve ever been, but that just isn’t translating right now. We had a client call in with changes to their video and they needed them all done by 10:30 tomorrow morning. There were technical issues to deal with as well. We operate both on Mac’s and PC’s at the office. So there is conflict sometimes. Plus I was working on my own deadline for yet another project. I was extremely efficient today. The good thing, is the client initially liked my project with a few minor changes. I was worried about one section of the video which turned out to be ok. So I guess I have to get a better attitude. Two deadlines today, and positive reviews on one…and I anticipate positive reviews when we find out about the other project tomorrow.

I am in a funk I think. I don’t know if its related, but we had Quiz night tonight. We had a full team and no excuses. We’ve lost for a second week in a row. We didn’t win one round. That has not happened since I’ve been here. So I think you can put this under the when it rains it pours scenarios. I haven’t really been exercising regularly the past few weeks either and my devotional walk is not what it should be. I have a poor attitude and its hard to remain positive. Manu saw the consternation on my face today when he mentioned, sir I like when you have a smile on your face. I know that God said to prepare for this, but it really hit harder than I thought. Now…Im in a strange position. Even though everything is really sucky right now, I know I will emerge from it. I feel like I just have to hunker down and endure the storm.

God is really trying to teach me something through all of this. Im not sure what it is but I hope I learn fast. I have a feeling that this is mile 25 and the marathon and I only have 1.2 miles to go. So let me throw in one more metaphor, with its darkest before the dawn. I am still thankful that God is using me. Now I just have to struggle to maintain a positive attitude. As always, your prayers are coveted.

Im going to wrap it up early. So the pontificating and philosophizing will have to wait another day.

No comments: