Monday, October 19, 2009

Attitude readjustment

Nice day today. Lots and lots of pressure at the office, but I have so much more peace today. Did anything happen to make that peace a reality? No, in fact things got worse. Instead I had an attitude adjustment. Im just looking at things through my Christ-shaded rose colored glasses again. Im trying to look at things with a new perspective. God has seen me through so many things before, Im sure he’ll see me through this now. All things work together for good.

I got the day started with a great breakfast with Raimond, Tanya’s husband. I was partially able to convince Nader to bring Raimond on board as a consultant with us. We are in such a cash flow crisis, I volunteered to give up some of my salary to help offset the costs. I am not saying that to bring praise to myself, rather to show you how dire the situation is, and how desperate times call for desperate measures. The reason why I think Raimond is so good for the company is because he really excels at the things Im poor at, primarily with organizational business management skills. Raimond is so detailed, its almost like he is a computer. He really is a great and brilliant man. He and Tanya make a very impressive couple. Maybe that’s why I enjoy their children so much. Raimond is coming on board as a consultant for one month. I sure hope we generate enough revenue to keep him on full time and that he finds the job satisfying and challenging enough. He’s that valuable. I would love for someone to be able to handle the business side so I can focus on my true gifting and that is telling stories and making movies. While Im good at the sales/business side, Im not exceptional. I realize that about myself. Like Dirty Harry said in The Enforcer, I think. “A man’s got to know his limitations.” I know mine and that is why I try to compensate for them. Raimond would sure help in that area.

So I had so many things to do all at once this morning. I knew I’d be so busy that I didn’t even bother to stay up to watch the Raider game (from 11p-3a my time) and wouldn’t you know it….they won. Just as soon as I give up on them…they shock the world and win. So we had to get the one documentary done for our 12:30 meeting tomorrow and wouldn’t you know it, another client called and scheduled a review of the project we did last week for 10:30 am that same day. We had another important meeting set for 4 today but that got cancelled. Its hard trying to juggle all these production responsibilities and have the pressure of bringing more money into the company at the same time. I really have to trust God on this one that He will supply all my needs. That also includes the needs of my company as well. I feel a great deal of responsibility to make sure that KSDi is a success. Im pretty much willing to do whatever is in my means to make that happen. Im a pretty dedicated employee.

So we had the entire staff it seems working on hitting this deadline. There is a lot of excitement, a great sense of productive energy. We were operating as a team, and I love when that happens. We all get a long so well. There was conflict in the office when I first arrived, but now I think we’ve fixed all the personality issues. We are an efficient well-oiled machine. That was part two of my quest for the company, now I have to focus back on part one to make the company money.

I got my part of the video done (the executive review) done just in time at 6:00. Im not a very detailed oriented person, but when it comes to video, I’m like Rain Man. If its one frame off (1/30 of a second) I can usually tell. So I found a few problems and instructed the guys to fix them. I had to rush off while the guys fixed it because it was positive living group tonight at my flat. I wasn’t sure how many people would show up so its always a guessing game for how much food I should buy. We had 9 people show up tonight, all girls and about 5 of them were new. Im encouraged because people are starting to invite their friends and the group is growing organically with little effort on my part. Its all the Holy Spirit working. I like that. I am planting seeds, and its really not my doing at all. Im just trying to be my part as a vessel.

No comments: