Thursday, October 29, 2009

Up and down

Im pretty tired so I don’t know how long this will be. I was invited over to my friend John’s house for drinks. I met a lot of people my age…30’s-40’s. It was a night full of interesting conversation. I really enjoyed it.

Today was an up and down day for me. God was really speaking to me in the morning that I need to spend more time in silence before him. My meditation time is way off especially since I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to kayak. I try to tak the advice of Paul and pray constantly. So I always strive to be a in a spirit of prayer. But taking the time and just being with God I haven’t been doing enough of. Oh…I’ll take five-10 minutes in the morning and at lunch, perhaps listen to a podcast of a sermon back home or have my CD of prayer music. But actually just stopping and being still before the spirit…is something I need to much more of , and not just for a few minutes at a time. If this was new year’s I’d make it a resolution. One benefit of living alone is that I have a lot of quiet time with God. There is no silence in my flat, only opportunities to commune with God. So most of the time I utilize that opportunity but not for the past month. Maybe that is one reason why God had me remain single for so long, so I would develop that intimacy with him. If that was His plan, I think it worked.

Well, I got good news and bad news today. One project got approved and finalized, after so many re-edits. The other one still dragged on and on. Apparently this one was my fault today. They gave me a list of edits they wanted included in the script. Even though the translator thought they were wrong. That’s the hard part of Arabic translation. There are different ways to say things. So many times its just a matter of opinion. Since they are the client we’ll throw it in there for them. Apparently this wasn’t communicated properly by me to my editor who then didn’t properly communicate to the translator. So some of the changes they wanted to see didn’t get in. It made me and my company look bad. The good thing is that they have a sense of urgency. I think they want to get this thing completed. We have a screening on Sunday at 9:00 hopefully then this albatross of a production will be over.

I did get good news today (I saved a bunch of money on my car…oh nevermind) The President of Bahrain tv finally called me back. We have a meeting on Saturday to discuss our projects. This is very encouraging news. I needed the good news today after a series of unfortunate events. Im glad it’s a weekend and I look forward to my nap after church tomorrow

No comments: