Tuesday, October 13, 2009

KSDi, the new Dunder Mifflin

All in all it was a pretty good day. I have all these looming deadlines. We did one yesterday, and I have two coming up on Thursday. These are all big projects. The sooner we get these done, the sooner we can invoice and get the cash flow flowing again. Im optimistic. Its nice that I have a team of good people around me and we are starting to be very efficient. I know if I can delegate a job off to my graphics or editors that the job will come back well done. Its hard to keep track of three different projects at once. One is in Arabic only, the other is in English with Arabic Subtitles and the third is in Arabic with English subtitles. In having to make changes on each one individually, I have to remember which project is which as they are all running together in my head. Now that the one project is out of the way Im focusing on the other two. I do my best work when I only have to do one thing at a time. Im so not a multi-tasker. That’s a challenge too when you have A.D.D.

I got a call today from a new friend. He’s a bigtime South African Bollywood Producer. They honored his company and his father at Cannes a few months back. He did invite me to his wedding. What an invitation. But I couldn’t justify flying down to South Africa at the time. Though I do want to visit there. We got introduced to each other through a mutual friend. He’s flying up to Dubai in November and he wants to get together to talk about some potential projects. He’s a really nice guy. I like his spirit and he likes mine. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

So I have kind of an embarrassing thing to admit. I get addicted to TV series. LOST, turned into HEROES, turned into PRISON BREAK and now THE OFFICE. I often catch myself laughing outloud, when Im by myself. When I laugh out loud at home, that’s embarrassing. Then I look around and wonder why am I embarrassed when there is no one around. But when I laugh out loud by myself in restaurant when I watch it on my computer…then yes, that’s really embarrassing. But my confession is…the more I watch the show, the more I can relate to Michael Scott. Well…he did soften up later in the series. I know that is a sad sad admission. But Im usually cheerleader in my office and my co-workers respond well to that. But for the past few weeks there has been so much pressure with the deadlines I haven’t been the happy go lucky type. Maybe Im just telling myself…just make it through til the end of October. I certainly hope Im not doing a self-fulfilling prophecy thing.

I know this is kind of pathetic but the restaurants I frequent all know me by first name now. Or actually they call me Mr. Beeman. I’ve got to eat lunch at Hardees every day this week. Its walking distance right around the corner from my office. At Fuddruckers I think I have this friendship with the manager. He keeps calling me. (I place phone orders that’s how he got my number.) So he’s done with season one of Prison Break and now he wants season two . He keeps calling and calling about it. So he wanted to know what time I would come into the restaurant last week, and said Tuesday. “Give me a Hamburger today and I’ll gladly pay you on Tuesday.” These people all seem so excited to see me when I walk into their restaurants. It’s a strange sensation.

I like this life over here. I do miss my kids though. But God has revealed to me over and over and over that He called me here for a few specific purposes and because he did that, He’s going to take care of the kids for me. That way I don’t feel like I abandoned them. Its interesting that my church in California, Cornerstone, is doing a study on the book of Acts. Its all about listening to God’s voice to travel abroad to share the Gospel. I think that is God’s way of speaking into my life giving me the confirmation that Im doing the right thing.

No comments: