Thursday, October 1, 2009

No time to be sick

What a day. I crammed so much into today. I woke up and felt the flu coming on. I felt pretty lousy. But I can’t afford to be sick right now. So I prayed it away. Usually when I get sick I pray “Spirit of sickness, disease or infirmary, you have no authority over me. You have been defeated. I command you leave my body in Jesus name.” The secret is attaching Jesus’ name to it. There is power in the name of Jesus…really. It’s not just a hymn. I’ve been praying that prayer for the last four years or so…and I went from being regularly sick, to rarely ever being sick. If you are a believer…you should try it sometime. It only works is if you are a Christian. By Christ dying on the cross…He has power over sickness, death, and other annoying crap. By being a Christian you are given that same authority. Its kind of having the ultimate big brother. It works for other things too like overcoming temptation, for strength and resiliency when you come into adversity. There are many benefits. I know it may seem like something out of a movie, but praying this stuff out loud and expressing your authority in Christ really works for me. So that’s what I did with my sickness today.

I had to mix a 30 min. show and select the music. I only had about 4 hours to do it. But for some reason I was very confident. I went online and found a free music soundtrack sight that has thousands of tracks. I’ve used them extensively before. Within 30 minutes, I had about seven choice selections of music picked out. So I was flying through the edit…then I ran into technical difficulty after technical difficulty. Things just weren’t working out like they should. But we were able to improvise. We got the show done in time but just barely. That is a big load off my shoulders.

I was so focused today on the task at hand…and I had to be. Tanya kept trying to ask me questions…but I couldn’t divert the focus. We got it done and Im so happy about it. Its really good work. A 30 minute show is daunting, especially when you consider most of the shows we do are 7-8 minutes in length.

We then had to rush off to a super important meeting. I was complaining to Darin that I’ve had to wear a tie for three days in a row. The meeting I think went very well. It was Darin, Tanya, myself and Raimond, Tanya’s husband. Raimond is a whiz salesman, a very sharp guy. If we get this client…it could be huge. So im praying a lot about it.

I was starting to feel the effects of the flu starting to hit. I think the adrenalin pushed it back. Darren is back in town, my squash buddy. We love playing each other because we are so evenly matched and it is quite intense. Between the two of us, we have the greatest sportsmanship, but we are competitive. I thought I should cancel since I wasn’t feeling well. I was worried that if I over-exerted myself I might make the flu worse. So I thought I should be tentative when I played, listen to my body and be careful. I can’t give half an effort…so I went in full out. I was exhausted between the games. But we played our usual three set match and I was knackered at the end. But I felt great. It was strange because I was expecting to feel worse. After squash, Darren and I went to the pool at the British club and had dinner. The weather here right now is wonderful. It was 80 degrees. What a beautiful night it was.

It’s a big day tomorrow. Im going to be sharing a monologue in church. I didn’t want to memorize it because it wasn’t very well written. Instead, Im going to improvise most of it. I know that sounds like I didn’t prepare, but actually I have been for the past week. Since I teach so many improvisation classes…I figure I should be able to pull it off. We’ll see tomorrow.

No comments: