Sunday, October 4, 2009

Activity

A day full of activity. We had a lot to get done at work today. We had a new salesman come on board. So I wanted to make sure that he felt comfortable in the new environment. We are so busy and have so much activity yet the bottom line cash flow crisis hasn’t changed much. We have monies out there waiting to be collected, I just have to finish the projects in order to collect on them. But finishing the projects is proving to be difficult. I have so many other distractions and other potential projects come in that have a higher priority. The team and I are putting together a proposal for a potentially huge client. So I have to budget and have a proposal by tomorrow. The good thing is that I have a team of people working on it with me. Im trying to give more authority away. The key that makes this work is we’ve assembled a very competent team. I think our company is primed to be a great big company. We just have to survive long enough to get there. But again I have to believe that God wouldn’t have had me come all this way to fail. So I know he has a plan. So all these distractions push back what really needs to get done. I am working very hard at it.

I do enjoy certain aspects of my job more than other aspects. I don’t like the financial pressure, but I like most everything else. I rarely find myself looking at the clock hoping it will speed up. Usually I look at it thinking, I can’t believe its 5:30 already. Im so fortunate that way. I know most people dread going to work, but Im one of those very fortunate guys.

I was talking with my dear Florida friend today. We were chatting about our busy schedules and we both decided to take it easy on the weekend. She was asking me about my schedule, and I went over it. I didn’t realize how active I actually was. Sunday night is Trivia night at JJ’s, the highlight of my week. So I lead a team of 4-5 others and we usually do pretty good. The food at the pub is awesome too. Then I come home and watch the NFL games on the internet. So Sundays are usually a long day. Monday nights are the positive living night. Tuesday is temporarily my free night, so I usually try to play squash against someone. But when the acting classes start next month I’ll be teaching then. Wednesday nights are the Funniest Person in Bahrain contest. Thursday night is the weekend night, I’ve been playing Darren in squash usually. Friday and Saturday are usually party nights, but lately, I’ve craving the alone time. So im content being alone. I think about how much fun it will be here when I have someone special to experience it all with me. I think I’m going to be on top of the world. Im a pretty blessed guy. I think Im reaping what I have sown a few years back in a very good way. God has taken care of me in every way possible, financially, professionally, psychologically, and I have to know that the emotional is on the way soon.

No comments: