Friday, April 16, 2010

Ok so maybe Im not quite done with this blog yet

Well I tried to stop writing in this blog, but too many good things keep happening to me. So I think I’ll write in it periodically as things take place. I won’t be as consumed in writing everyday as I was. Plus Jennifer is right, we are merely merging the blogs, I think this will become official once she moves out here. I realize that Jennifer and my relationship is/was rather sudden. But each day that passes Im more and more convinced that she is the perfect girl for me.

I knew the first few months of my new marriage would be difficult. But I reasoned I’ve lived alone for four years, what is an extra few months. How wrong I was. The distance is a lot harder than I thought it would be and that is an entirely good thing. The love that Jennifer and I share is growing every day. Thus the pain of being separated is getting equally as tough to as we long to be together. I was really running out of steam and quite discouraged by the vast half a globe that surrounds us. But I have had some welcomed good news. She’s flying out for super long weekend, or short week (depending on your perspective) at the beginning of May. This had encouraged me so much. My emotional gas tank was empty and this is a jolt that will keep me going. I am just so excited that she is coming out here. She really is the perfect girl for me. Its really quite amazing and I consider this to be quite a testimony to God’s faithfulness. Its almost as if I drew her up and a chalkboard, or a computer program. It is like “Design your own wife.” I really don’t think that I could have customized her to be my perfect match more than she already is. There are so many things which we connect on. I could go on for pages and pages about that. But instead, let me focus on the negatives, because even the negatives are a positive in my eyes. I actually look forward to the next time she’s angry with me because she’s kind of cute when she gets upset and yells “Eric Beeman.!!!” That always makes me smile and our conflict whatever it may be seems to quickly dissipate. But its not just as if she’s perfect for me, but I believe that Im perfect for her. It seems like everything that she might struggle with, are usually my strengths and it works both ways too. I am so glad she’s in my life. I want this to be an encouragement to all of you. Even though there are times where you really feel like you are “walking through the valley of the shadow of death” keep going and just “Trust God.” That is what my counselor Tim C. told me in the darkest of times. I didn’t really believe him at the time. How could I possible Trust God when my entire world seems to be falling apart. But that is exactly what I did. I trusted God and I am reaping the amazing rewards both through Jennifer and a pretty incredible life right now. Im so thankful.

Today was a great day for me. I stayed up til 4am talking with Jennifer via video chat. But I still had enough energy for church. After, I took a really long Kayak ride and found this small little island. I brought along a small little blow up air mattress. So I docked the kayak and took a nap on the island. Its was pretty serene and quite surreal. The tranquility was nice. Right now however is anything but tranquil. Im at a playoff game between Muharraq and Manama. These are the two best teams in the league. The place is packed with energy and excitement. You can hardly hear yourself talk. Right now, Muharraq (Pat and Lamond’s team are holding a slight lead of 50-43 in the third quarter…but its really intense. Lamond just knocked down a 3. This is kind of fun. Ok…back to the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you and read your happiness.....Love you so much and remember, I always checking that blog.. So excited for you that Jen is coming........much love and prayers
Hayward here