Monday, June 1, 2009

She threw the insulin away...

It was a good day today.  I often write about how God speaks to me.  What is God’s voice, is it impressions, is it your own voice in your head, is it feelings, intuition, your conscience?  I guess that is all an individual thing.  I know God’s voice because he backs it up with two or three witnesses when he speaks to me.  I sat down for my morning breakfast and devotion and God spoke to me.  I read the Bible from cover to cover.  Right now I’m in the Psalms.  I read Psalm 35 today and it was exactly where I am at this moment in time.  Its cool that when you reach your dark points that God sometimes allows a ray of hope to brighten the room.  I have received many emails offering hope, prayers and encouragement.  I appreciate them very much.  Things are turning around…Im looking for the positive things in my life which there are many.  I wouldn’t trade my situation right now.  I just have to think of the awful feeling it must be for my friends who lost their baby at birth, or whose child is stricken with cancer.  I am indeed fortunate that I have three, beautiful, bright, and shining children.  I know in time, we will experience a relationship like God had intended. 

I have to be a little more disciplined with the Czech.  In the beginning of a relationship you want to spend an inordinate amount of time with the person of interest.  That is the case with me.  However usually that time happens in the middle of the night.  So I have to be better about pacing myself with sleep.  I can get by on four to five hours sleep a night which is good, but I have to struggle to make sure I get those precious four hours.  Video Skypeing seems so much more fun than sleep.  I posted pics of the Czech and our trip to CA.  I can’t believe how many responses from friends Im getting telling me how beautiful she is.  The comments are mainly from girls.  Im not sure if they’re happy for me or just surprised I was able to get a girl so gorgeous.  Either way it makes my ego feel good. 

We had the employee of the month contest today.  There was a little bit of a controversy.  All the employees voted for one guy.  So I knew it was a fix.  So I asked my resident mole what was up.  I wanted to make sure there was no strong arming, or politicking to the contest.  This isn’t Survivor and it isn’t an alliance.  I told the staff at the meeting that, but none had ever seen Survivor so the perfect metaphor was lost on them.  So last month’s vote Tanya convinced me in a close vote to swing it to Armand our South African photographer.  I thought better of it at the time, but I didn’t listen to my intuition.  Armand happens to be white.  It wasn’t much of a swing.  It was a tie, and I just have him the tie breaking vote.  Well the staff thought the fix was in, since we gave it to the white guy.  They wanted to make sure it wasn’t fixed and this was there way of doing that by stacking the deck.  I assured them that the vote would be fair, and that Im the GM and there’s a perk having a tie-breaking vote.  Still I let the winner have it since I really did deem him worthy of winning this month. 

We had our positive living group tonight.  We had six show up.  I really never know how many people will show up and how much food I have to buy for the group.  So I always over do it.  We had Japanese food tonight.  I guess the dinners I buy is may way of bringing them  in with loaves and fishes.  Since I always over order there are plenty of leftovers.  That usually means Tuesday lunch is a happy time in the KSDi office.  They enjoy all the left overs.  I love the conversation that watching Joel’s video sparks.  None of the people tonight were Christian but we were discussing Christian ideals and ideologies.  It was fantastic.  Its not my calling to be too heavy handed.  I just let my lifestyle do the preaching for me.  When they ask my opinion I give it liberally.  I think the reason why they come back is because they don’t feel the pressure coming from me.  I want to keep it that way. 

Oh….I was really upset last night.  My maid threw away three of my insulin bottles.  One was empty, and the other two were ¾ full and ½ full.  She assumed they were all empty.  So I searched everywhere for them last night and couldn’t find them.  It was the type of Insulin that I needed to take at night.  I take a combination of two types of insulin.  So at 11:30 PM, I had the manager call the maid and she explains they were empty and she threw them away.  The hospital wasn’t open that late, so I had to go to bed without one of the types of Insulin.  This has  happened to me before its’ just a pain.  I have to wake up every fours hour and give myself a shot.  I usually just go to sleep and let my body wake me up when my Blood Sugar goes high.  It’s a rough way to go, but I had to buy some time til I could make it to the hospital today to pick it up.  I was worried that they might not give me the Lantus Insulin I need since my prescription had expired.  So I went into the pharmacy, flashed my empty bottle and showed him the overdue prescription.  He didn’t even look at it, and filled the prescription.  I have the insulin I need now.  So tonight should have been a much better night than last night…However, I left the new insulin in the fridge at the office and I’m too tired to go back and get it.  Looks like another semi-sleepless night.  I wonder where the Czech is?

No comments: