Wednesday, June 17, 2009

crap...I forgot to post this yesterday...sorry...."an average day"

Today I have to consider an average day. So…with the way my life has been going, an average day has to be considered a bad day, and that’s a good thing. My father always says, may the best of your yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows. Or was it the worst of your yesterdays be the best of your tomorrows. Either way…I’ll take the optimistic route. So that’s where I am. I have so many good days out here, when I have an average that is a anomaly. I’m not going out much with friends more. I don’t think Im a loner, I’m not lonely. I have many very good acquainstances here. And very good acquainstances on this island translates to good friends back home, since everything is more intense here. I can call up a number of friends to go out with If need be, but I generally like the solititude. That is soooooo different than when I first got here. I needed friends in the worst way, and was very lonely. Now I’m acclimated and thus far…God has been enough. I came home had leftover steak from my night out with the Dutch Girl and watched an episode of LOST. That is a pretty cool day.

Im nearing about 10,000 hits on this blog. I’m somewhat amazed by that since I’ve only been counting since January. Im flattered really that there are so many readers. It does give me a sense of purpose. I hope Im inspiring people outside of this tiny island. I had a couple people email me…oh yeah, if you do want to email me for any reason my address is rickbeeman@mac.com You don’t necessarily have to leave an anonymous comment to get my attention. I do love the comments (most of the time) and have never deleted one, good or bad. So one of the people emailed me that was reading the blog. I asked, Why do you read. They responded because you have an interesting life. That really made me feel good. I do have an interesting life. I walked into the edit bay today and the Indians were all there. Nishad took a picture of himself and doctored it up in photoshop. It was hilarious. We all had a good laugh about that. How cool is that cross-culturally to bond with people from all over the world. I love Indians, and Im starting to love Filipinos too. They are considered the working class here in Bahrain. When I went to Steak Escape tonight, the chef and I got into a conversation. He knows Im a regular there. I made a little bit of a protest when the said the management won’t allow them to give free refills on the drinks anymore. What???? Don’t they know who I am…lol. Not having free refills is enough for me to move on…but I do love that place. So, he was apologizing about the decision and we got to talking. He asked me where I was from, told me his girlfriend was from Vacaville. It was genuine conversation. I know that happens in Texas and the South sometimes, but rarely in California. It was refreshing. People really care about people out here.

We are hiring a sales manager so we had a lot of interviews this week. Its hard for me because I want to hire everyone. So people are getting laid off of work a lot here. So there are plenty of good candidates. Since I’ve been here, I’ve been able to pay off all my debts which is good. So I made a deal with Nader. I am going to take less in monthly salary, Im overpaid anyways (if you compare me to the rest of the staff, But don’t tell Nader that…lol) So Im taking less so we can make an offer to two sales people. It’s not much so don’t go signing me up for any Mother Theresa awards. I just want the company to get in a more healthy financial position. The last sales manager didn’t make any sales so that was four months of no new income. It kind of put us in a little bit of a whole. So Im going to be aggressive in trying to dig us out of it. I want the company to grow into the largest production company in the Middle East. Once we hit a targeted amount of cash reserves then I’ll go back to my normal salary. Now this is my choice. So my mother doesn’t have to freak out about it. I do like the little bit of extra cash to be a blessing to others. That’s my goal, to be stinkin rich, so I can give it all away. Its really a blessing to be able to do that.

No comments: