Monday, June 22, 2009

One is enough

We just got finished with another Positive Living Class. This time there were four of us. Im not really that interested in numbers anymore. I worked for churches and missions organizations that were so pre-occupied with the amount of people that raised their hands to rededicate their lives, or give their lives to Christ. It was like a Christian scorecard. I was at meetings where Pastors..Godly men…would almost brag about how many got saved during their services. Of course they would figure out how to do this in humility. One particular meeting, I got fed up. I said you know all this talk of numbers is a little discouraging. When I was a missionary and I took my entire family to Taiwan. I firmly believe it was to save one guy. That man’s name is Kidd. You know what? One was enough for me. That God loved this one guy so much that he moved an entire family across the world just to use us to lead one person to Christ. If anything illustrated the parable of the lost sheep this was it. The parable where the shepherd left the 99 to find the one lost sheep. We lived that parable as a family. It was a beautiful and poetic thing. The valuable thing wasn’t about saving that one person. It was what happened to me in the process of being used. I was forever changed. You see that is the beauty about missions/God work that most people don’t understand. The more you think you are helping others the more you are getting in return. God always blesses you more than what you are giving out. When I got done with little monologue there rest of the staff pastors didn’t know how to react really. But I got my point across.

So between the three and myself that showed up tonight, God was here. There are some hurting people that know that this is a place of respite and encouragement. Because of my position as teacher/general manager/group leader people tend to open up to me more than usual. Its an honored position which I’m glad to accept. To much is given much is required. I better be sure to stay on the right track. I have tools in my life that Im using to make sure that happens.

I went out to lunch today with a co-worker. This co-worker is a great young kid. But God really spoke to me about him. So I explained the whole word of knowledge thing to him. And I said, God spoke to me about you six months ago, but I just didn’t feel the timing was right to speak into your life at the moment. It’s a little bit awkward since Im his Boss. I don’t want to unduly use my influence. So I told him exactly what the Lord had placed on my heart for him. He indicated that I was right on the money. That is indeed what the Lord would have him hear. So that was confirmation again. So God is using me out here…but not on a large scale basis. I believe that will come with time. I still believe I am going to change the world. I’m going to change it on a massive scale through the media. But right now God is calling me to change it one person at a time. You know what…that is enough for me.

We hired two new sales people today. I was a little worried that they would accept the offer but they did. They were really glad and enthusiastic to do it as well. I just have to adjust to the money here. What isn’t a lot in the states, is a lot here. I am doing well, but that is in large part because the cost of living is so low here.

Im so excited about seeing my kids in two weeks. I have to work around X’s schedule. By court decree she reserved July 3-5, so I can’t see them then, even though I have that weekend off. So instead I’m probably headed to Los Angeles to meet Miss So. Ca. I know I know…stop me if you’ve heard this before. But one of these times, its going to hit. Miss So. Ca was an actress for years in Hollywood and her dreams is to write screenplays. Hmmmmmm…. Very interesting. We just have a lot of fun talking to each other. Plus its always fun when God speaks a word to me for her. She’s going to have an incredible ministry someday that will bless thousands. Its very nice to be able to speak that prophetic word into her life.

No comments: