Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wow...a two day weekend...

This is the first Saturday that I’ve had off in four months. Its been a pretty grueling schedule, but its fun while I work so it doesn’t sting as much. So I had two days off this weekend. I sure had a lot of fun. Yesterday I forgot to mention, I was invited to a couple of birthday parties. One for a 6 year old and the other for Muneer who’s I think 29. I was kind of surprised by the 6 year old party. His mother, who is a dear reader of this blog, called me at the last minute to tell me how special it would be for me to show up for her son. So I made it just at the end of the party. I was fortunate that I found a store just outside and bought a little Donald Duck stuffed animal. So I get to the party and the grown ups kept asking me which is your child? Um…..no, Im here for the cake and ice cream. So I kind of stood out, but still had a nice time. The 6 year old called me this morning to thank me for the gift and to also let me know that he slept with it last night. That actually made me feel great. I can’t have the day to day experiences with my kids at the moment, so this is a nice substitute. Muneer’s party was a little more different in that there were drunk people. Since I don’t drink, I am pretty lucid at these events. However, I tend to have meaningful conversations with people that are three sheets to the wind. Whey they sober up, they remember nothing about our conversation.

I was able to sleep in which was a blessing. Then I ordered delivery while I watch LOST in my underwear. Im a little sad because Im downloading Season 5 so Im almost at the end. I guess I’ll have to find something else to be obsessed with after this is over. Then I decided to something a little bit more on the riskier side. I went out kayaking in the middle of the day. It was 12:30 and about 115 degrees. Although its cooler in the water. The water in the shallow areas must have been up around 95 degrees. Once I got going I went all the way over to the other end of the bay. It was the same route I did yesterday, only I did it in 10 less minutes. But I was really knackered. I did take two bottles of water with me on the kayak but I needed more. By the time I got back I was absolutely gassed. I took a shower and rested for 20 minutes, then it was off to play my friend Darren at Squash at the British Club. Squash is a physically taxing game. We play three games, all very competitive. By the time we were done, we were both exhausted. After we sat and talked for a long time then decided to have dinner. We went to the pool. Some of those people shouldn’t be wearing speedo’s. (Picture me having a chill in my unpleasant flashback). It was nice being by the pool at Sunset. We were joined by several other people that went to the church. It was nice visiting with all of them.

I came home to rest for a bit, then got invited out to see Transformers 2 with a bunch of friends. Since I have a card that provides free drinks and popcorn, I bought everyone’s ticket (they paid me back). I love getting free stuff with that. As far as the movie…I shouldn’t have seen the 9:00 show, but I wanted to see my friends. I didn’t like the movie, which is strange because I like most Michael Bay movies. So its pretty late on a work night, so again Im going to cut this short. It was a great day, but im awfully tired.

No comments: