Friday, June 26, 2009

A wholly satisfying day

It’s hard to top a day like yesterday. But still this one was wholly satisfying in a slow very relaxing way. I started my day off right with a long conversation with Ms. So. Ca. Since she was an actress in the industry for so many years we have plenty to talk about. Plus the spiritual journeys which we are both on fascinate us both. It’ll be interesting to see where this leads, but we’re both excited about meeting each other next week.

I had to get up to prepare my lesson for the teens at church. I went to my favorite breakfast haunt. My normal server was back from his 1 month holiday in India. I was glad to see him. So I prepared the lesson and went to church. The teens meet in someone’s house about a five minute walk from the church. We played a an improv game to warm them up, but they were very stiff. When I started the lesson, I felt compelled to just throw the book down and share from the heart. I did that and I feel like the Holy Spirit was directing me to share very specific things into these teens lives. I could see by the body language and eyes that I was getting through to them. One guy in particular after the meeting asked to talk to me. I love talking to teens. I think Im gifted at it.

I came back took a nap. I wanted to go kayaking this afternoon but needed to wait until 4 for the cooler weather. When I say cooler I mean 105 as opposed to 115. Still it makes a difference. This time out in the Kayak, I went directly across the bay. It was a long ride for me at 90 minutes total. Surprisingly I still had energy at the end. I got invited to three parties tonight, actually 4 but only made two. The first was an invitation only affair at a ritzy club, the second was a birthday/house party for the Funny Omanian. There were a lot of my friends there and it was nice to catch up with them. I really like this group I hang with at these parties. The dilemma is most of them are in their 20’s. Its just weird having most of my friends in that peer group. I came back early to write in this blog. I probably left the party about two hours after I had gotten there. It was fun reconnecting with them.

Im going to cut this short tonight. I can barely keep my eyes open and having a hard time stringing two coherent sentences together. We’ll chat more tomorrow.

No comments: