Thursday, June 18, 2009

Don't just do something, stand there!

We’re going through a tough time financially at KSDi. It’s a cash flow thing. Not having an effective sales team the last six months or so is really catching up to us in a big way. My problem is that I relied upon my sales team so much that I neglected my role in the sales department. I trusted them too much. When they say General Manager, they really mean a jack of all trades. I so enjoy being just on the creative end. But I do have a gifting when it comes to being a producer and in sales. Im certain everything is going to wind up ok. God wouldn’t have brought me around the world to fail. Or perhaps looking on the bright side I’ve already accomplished my purpose, which I don’t think is the case. There is a plan unfolding before me almost on daily basis.

Im on this Christian Dating website. I meet plenty of girls in Bahrain, but you can count the amount of Christian girls here on one hand, and that would be the Simpson’s hand with three fingers. I do believe in the equally yoked thing. I just haven’t met that many beautiful, intelligent, sexy, Christian girls on this island yet…go figure. I don’t really like to go out to clubs anymore because of the drinking. Im really not lonely so that’s great. But going online, I’ve established a lot of really good friends over the last few years. Which is nice. I guess that either makes me a depressing or just on the cutting edge of a new generation. Plus the online thing totally plays to my strengths…Im a professional writer. I remember my buddy lets call him Mr. Mexican, (he wound up becoming a missionary) he was trying to woo a girl through the online correspondence thing. He wanted help. So I would pen his emails for him. They were quite hilarious. What we were doing was a modern day Cyrano De Bergerac thing. So I started to talking to this one girl…lets call her Miss So. CA. since she’s from Southern California. Miss So. Ca and I had one long talk. We mainly talked about me and my issues. She really didn’t share that much about herself. Then the next day during my quiet time on the kayak in the Gulf, I was talking to God. I said God tell me something for Ms. So. CA so I can encourage her. He was very specific with me. He told me that she was spiritually exhausted. She had been spinning her wheels for so long in her pursuit of God she was drained in every aspect. What she was supposed to do was just rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him. It was pretty clear. The message was “Don’t just do something…stand there.” So I was a little nervous telling this to Ms. So. Ca on just our second conversation. What if I was wrong. I would surely look foolish. So I decided to go out on a limb and tell her. She started crying. It turns out that is exactly what she had been doing for the last three years. My target was right on the money. Wow…God is good. Then I told her that the last three years weren’t a waste for her. Like a caterpillar in a cocoon, the struggle to get out of the cocoon builds up the strength of the caterpillar during the metamorphosis. If you try to help out the struggling caterpillar and make a small incision so it would be easier for it to get out, the butterfly will get out but it will soon die because it lacks the strength to fly. So that is what Ms. So Ca is going through right now…she’s fighting her way out of the cocoon. If that wasn’t confirmation enough. She said, everyday on her dresser she sees this inspirational message about a caterpillar fighting his way out a cocoon to be the beautiful butterfly. Why is this significant? Why is it important I share this with Miss So. Ca whether or not this turns into anything except an online friendship? Because I am that caterpillar. I fought my way out of the cocoon, by the Grace of God. Now I’m not just soaring like a butterfly…but like an eagle. Am I egotistical in saying that?…absolutely not. I think God wants to use me as an example. If I can get through the excruciating pain of the past three years and then soar as He has always intended then others can too. That is why God is bringing scores of people into my life that need encouragement. Im honored that he has chosen me to do this. So whether or not this job in the Middle East (don’t freak out mother) goes away, I know that God intends me to soar wherever I am…and not look back.

ADDENDUM
I was worried I was becoming a little anti-social with my preference for staying home and watching LOST and chatting/phone calls with cyber friends. But…I was invited to three parties tonight…not at clubs. So I figured I should go. The first one was for the Dutch Girl’s birthday at a ritzy Japanese restaurant. I thought the party was at 8, but apparently it was 9. So I waited until 9:45 then I bolted. Its an American thing to be on time here. But everyone else comes late. That bugs me. So I went to party #2 at my friend’s house. I stayed for about 90 minutes, chatted with friends then left. Party #3 was at a rooftop pool in Amwaj, a series of man made islands made up canals. A lot of people at this party. I met some cool people. So I’m glad I ventured out. Now…back to LOST.

No comments: