Friday, June 19, 2009

Jai Ho and the surprise cry

One of the reasons I didn’t stay out too late at the parties on Thursday night is that I had church Fri. morning. Periodically Im on the schedule to teach the teens. I really enjoy that. I feel like I have a lot of practical wisdom to share with them. I so enjoy being used of God that way. Anytime God uses you for any purpose, he blesses you immeasurably.

So after church I went off to Fuddrucker’s and I took my laptop with me. Nothing makes a good cheeseburger better than sharing it with good friends. When good friends aren’t available, nothing makes it better than a laptop with LOST season 4. Only two more seasons to go and my obsession will come to an end.

I was excited last night. My friend Ghassan who is one of my acting students and a member of the Bahrain 10, the improv troupe competing in The Funniest Person in Bahrain contest. Join the group on Facebook for more info. Ghassan invited me to Lebanon, his home next weekend. I thought about it, then I thought it would be a great idea. Tickets are only about $100 roundtrip, and I could go without missing any work. Then I remembered I made a commitment to teach the teens again next week. I don’t want to back out of that. So it looks like Im going to have to cancel any Beirut dreams. Hopefully next time. That’s an advantage of being here. I have personal invitations from many many friends to visit their homes throughout Europe and the Middle East. Well…Australia and South Africa too…but I can’t do weekend trips there.

I took the Kayak out in the afternoon. It was very windy today. The gulf was choppier than I had ever seen it. There were even a few white caps. So, I paddled and paddled and felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere, which I wasn’t. The wind was so strong I had to put in triple effort to get even to half the distance. I even almost capsized a few times by errant waves catching me off guard. I tried to stay close to the shore, but that was kind of tricky too. The strong wave and current concentrated all the jellyfish. I truly was in Jellyfish fields with about 100 of them surrounding me. I certainly didn’t want to capsize then. But even though I didn’t get too far, it was still a nice workout.

I called Tanya to see if she and Raimond wanted to see “Up” with me. I just have a hard time seeing a kids movie without kids, and I’m really starting to love Tanya’s kids since I don’t have my own with me. Yasmina, is about 8 and in my acting class. She’s a brilliant actress like her mom. Sebastian is about 5 and cute as can be. Raimond is also a great guy, always smiling and positive. This is just a great family.

On my way to the movie theater, something really stranged happened to me. A.R. Rahman’s Jai Ho…the one with the PussyCat Dolls in English came on the radio. As I listened to that song at a traffic light in the middle of Bahrain I started balling. Why was I crying…Am I losing it? I don’t think so, but some would argue. I think what got me emotional is both the love story from Slumdog, and the fact that is the type of movie I feel called to produce in Bahrain. I know I whine about the pain of my divorce. But one of the things that I miss about not being married is having someone to adore and cherish. I am greatly looking forward to love and be loved again. The feeling you get when you get lost in someone’s eyes. I think the reason why I was crying, was that I was so thankful to God that he is carrying all my tears in His bottle. It was a very positive feeling. I know God is taking care of every detail in my life and that includes all the emotional details. He cares about me in that manner. I know I will have a woman to love…soon. I’m anxious…as you all know. But God speaks not just to me for others…but also speaks to me. He just reassured me from all the insecurities with the recession and cash flow issues at work. He spoke to me…that my dreams were still on track and that includes having a passionate love with someone out there. Right now…at this moment…God is enough. But he knows the desires of my heart.

I posted some of our pictures from our picnic on the island on facebook. You can visit the link to get there. Please feel free if you want to peruse and see other pictures of Bahrain. If you are on facebook, and are not my friend…add me.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=130641&id=751722138&l=3f2555e88f

No comments: