Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sigorney Weaver, James Cameron and Bahrain

It was a really great day. I am feeling very much like an effective general manager. I don’t have a lot of production to do so Im focusing in on the other aspects of the job. I have always been a good delegator. Primarily because I was trying to get out of work. Now Im getting paid to get out of work in a sense because im the manager.

This is going to be a short blog tonight. I always say that and they usually turn out to be normal. Im exhausted and I still haven’t talked to Jennifer tonight. My friend Tom invited me on the base for an Avatar screening. So after a very effective day, I left the office at 3:30 and headed to the Navy base. The producer Jon Landau, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodrigues, and Stephen Lang (the bad guy) were all on the base signing autographs and taking pictures. James Cameron apparently is coming tomorrow. I won a T-shirt. Im not into autographs from celebrities. I used to be when I was 12. Now I consider these celebrities my peers. So it was kind of awkward for me. But I didn’t want to steal from Tom’s excitement. He was very excited to take a bunch of pictures. They showed the movie at night fall, but since I’ve already seen it, twice, we ditched it. We went with Joe to a great restaurant in the big new mall, called the Butcher Shop. It had incredible steaks. These guys are really becoming close friends. You know what, I have a ton of close friends on this island. Its really a nice feeling.

We were invited to Nab’s surprise 40th birthday party. This was a private party with many of my close friends there. Nabs you might remember was the first arab to reach the North Pole. His job…professional adventurer, and that is what he does with his career and his sponsors. Four days ago Nabs was the first Omani to reach the South Pole. He’s quite the guy. So there were about 75 of us crammed in this tiny apartment. It was a great time. I think I was the only one not drinking there. There was a belly dancer that came and gave Nabs a dance. It was lots of fun. I think the belly dancers is the Middle East equivalent of a stripper at a Bachelor Party. Right at the end of the Belly Dancing, Nabs closest friends and family threw pies in his face. It was very funny. There were so many hot and beautiful women at this party…I mean a lot. Yet the whole time, all I could think about was jenni. Im more positive now than ever that she’s the one…and Im the lucky one.

No comments: