Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Routine

I am in a routine now where I talk to Jenni every morning. Well…I usually talk to her in the afternoon, evening, middle of the night…but in the morning is when do our webcam chat. Thank you skype. It makes it seem like Im not a half world away this way. I had an early morning meeting at the Navy Base so I decided to eat at Chili’s right aroung the corner. They have a great breakfast feast for $4. So I’m talking to Jenni on the cell phone all during breakfast. It was like we were on an actual date. I made her hungry in fact so she had to go get something to eat herself. I really enjoy chatting with this girl. She is very funny. So we have this little competition to find out who is the funniest person in the relationship. I think she wins hands down, but I’ll give her a run for her money. The meeting with the navy folks went far better than I ever could have imagined. I thought we were going just to pitch performing The Funniest Person in Bahrain. But they wanted more than that. We talked about setting up the acting classes on the base and perhaps doing a Improv show with Navy personnel only. It was very exciting. If I could somehow wrangle a pass to get on regularly…I’d be in heaven. Im not sure how that will work though. But it was cool because the people I met with were both Christ-followers. They had the same ideals as me. One of them will even come to my Positive Living group next week. It was just a very productive meeting. Then I had another very important meeting with a P.R. agency. Im trying to establish these strategic partnerships so KSDi can be their in house video production branch. We function in that manner for a couple of agencies. I may not like going out on sales calls all that much, but I am good at them. We have salesman #6 starting Monday. I pray this one lasts more than 8 weeks. That would take a lot of pressure off of me. I prefer to stay in production, but my position dictates I need to do a little bit of everything. Nader doesn’t like me to delegate he wants me to be responsible for EVERYthing. Its more than one person can handle. Perhaps his management style is trying to get as much out of me as he can.

I got back to the office around 2:00. It was nice. I did have a lot of work to catch up being gone all morning. The day just seemed to fly by. I stayed at the office late. There was a transportation problem so I offered to drive the girls home. On the way back I mentioned to the girls that I had a girlfriend. They got very excited, but they already knew about it. They would not divulge their sources. But they were really enthusiastic. They just ate up all the details.

I came back to go to the basketball game to support Pat. They play about once a week. I think Im becoming a fan, especially since Im becoming friends with Lamond. Muharraq won by four points and they set themselves up nicely for the end of half 1 of the season. They are solidly in second place one game behind Manama (the team that beat them at the buzzer) but Muharraq owns the tie-breaker with Manama. So if Manama loses once more in the next five games, that gives Pat’s team a chance. Its nice pulling for a team you have a vested interest in following.

You know…I just have had so much joy lately. Its nice that things are turning around for me emotionally. It seems like Im clicking on all cylinders. I didn’t notice this but the girls have mentioned that I seem like Im walking on air. Love will do that to you.

No comments: