Saturday, January 2, 2010

Like Charlie Brown for no real good reason

I feel like there has been a cloud hovering over me all weekend. Kind of like a Charlie Brown character or something. But when I take step back and examine my life, I have a lot going for me right now. Im very very fortunate. But why the cloud, when things should be so positive? I have mentioned Im in a bit of a transition period. So I feel like life is on a holding pattern for me. I need routine, but for some reason, Im just kind of floating and waiting. I haven’t been able to get in an exercise or workout routine. That probably adds fuel to the cloud hovering above. I think this might be a season of testing/growth for me. I am moving out of my luxury flat next week. When I first got here, I paid more than I should to get a 3 bedroom flat. I did so with the hopes that my children would come to visit me and I wanted them to have their own room. But when they chose not to come, the extra bedrooms turned into surplus space. Guy lived with me for four months while he was here. The extra space was also very handy for our weekly small group meetings. Actually since we’re no longer affiliated with the church, I can say our group has become a home church. That is what God called me to do here.

I am moving in next weekend with Pat the basketball coach. He offered his extra bedroom to me, and in an effort to save money, Im going to do it. It’s a step of faith really. Im not sure what that will do to the home church, but hopefully we’ll be able to move it. My God is the god of details. He will handle all of them, so I don’t have to worry about it. If this weekend was a test…I think I passed it. There really is no other explanation really for the funk Im in. So I think something really big is about to happen. The enemy is only motivated to knock you down when you are being effective. I think that is the case here.

I got up early to play Russ at racquetball on the Navy base. That is always fun when I do that. My squash Partner Darren is coming back tomorrow from his 3 week vacation. It will be nice start playing him again, both for the fitness and competition. We usually play 2-3 times a week.

So after the navy base, I just came home to watch movies…all day long. Come to think of it…it was a pretty great day..since I love watching movies. The next week will be quite interesting. There are some potentially big big deals going to happen. I thought that this might be too big for me, that I wouldn’t be able to pull it off. Then I thought about all those inadequate people in the Bible that God chose and used. He was their strength. Their job was to be available, obedient, and give credit where credit is due. So that’s what I need to do. I have accomplished quite a bit while I have been here, but all the credit goes to God. I had the same amount of talent when I lived in Oklahoma as I do now, but now God is choosing to use me more. Im thrilled about it, but its not my strength getting it done.

Thank you for your continued prayer.

No comments: