Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bad notes to start a week.

It was a tough day at the office. Don’t you just hate when someone has a bad day/weekend then when they see you they vent/project all the anger on you. Well that is how the first day of my week started out. It was pretty intense. My supervisor also has a tendency to focus on the negative. His managerial style is kind of the exact opposite of mine. He believes employees respond better when they are intimidated/threatened. I don’t adhere to that philosophy at all. Its just really hard to take. I guess Im venting here. I am the general manager, yes, that means general I understand that. But He wants me out on one outside sales call a day, to train the staff in video/photo production, keep tabs on all the employees activities, maintain a positive cash flow, continue to write, produce, and direct projects (Im the only writer, producer, director, on staff), prospect new clients, and I have to train up the editors, maintain all quality control, and now that our office boy is on vacation get my own diet coke ;o) . I maintain that is more than one person can handle. Im pretty fast, but Im not that fast. I don’t think there is a human being alive that can do all that. I do love the creative aspects of my job, but I really do not like sales at all. I know there is a certain amount of sales in any position, but that is just not my strong suit. I just have a really hard time with cold calls. If someone sets up the meeting, I can explain the product and the benefits well, but I just get so discouraged with the cold calling. I guess I’ve been rejected once too many times for a sales position. I am fairly certain Im under spiritual attack because it is hitting on all sides. So If you could send a prayer my way, it would be much appreciated.

OK…enough of my bellyaching. Here’s the good stuff that happened today. I watched the biography on Khalifa. I didn’t produce it myself, we had a contractor come in and do it. I had faith in this guy, he didn’t disappoint. The biography was very well made. I am quite proud. Khalifa’s children were also quite pleased with it. We are going to use this as a pilot to push the other biography shows. I am finding with Arabs you can’t really describe the product to them. You have the show them. So we are going to have a big gala premiere of the biography and invite a lot of his influential friends. Hopefully they’ll see this and want one of their own. Then we’ll market the product by word of mouth. I think its going to be big here. My dream for KSDi is to just focus in on the creative aspect of the GM and have enough financial resources to hire a CFO type. My supervisor is currently acting as the CFO, but he’s not taking a salary yet. So Im not sure how much longer that will last. In days like today, I just have to rely upon God and know he has a plan. I haven’t been in much a routine spiritually, so that has to have an affect on all of this. The enemy knows exactly when and how to strike, and Im just discouraged. Normally the enemy would attack me emo’tionally, but since I’m doing well emotionally with the whole Jenni thing, he’ll try to take another avenue to see if he’ll hit a nerve. Once the enemy seeks a weakness he’ll pounce. OK here’s another good part. I was able to call Jenni at the end of my day and just vent. Really unload, she listened and she cared. That felt very good. Its only 18 more days until I see her face to face. So things are going well in that aspect.

The good thing about how God made my disposition is that I rarely have two bad days in a row. If I do..then its really really bad.

On another more positive note, my little sister got married in Hawaii yesterday. I looked at flights to Hawaii from Bahrain, and I couldn’t find any. Flying back to the U.S. is fairly simple, but Hawaii, now that is a challenge. The guy she married is a really solid guy. I like him a lot. I’m very happy it finally happened for her. She is a sweet, sweet girl with a darling personality. She is one of the funniest people I know. We sure know how to annoy each other. It’s a special gift. So for a special shout out to Kristen: “Tommy Lee Jones.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you big big brother. Thank you for the TLJ shout out. I still love to say that around Jonathan. My favorite ever. You are too by the way!

KLEBM