Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love at First Skype

Wow what a weekend. I need to learn to take better care of myself to get proper sleep. Im head over heals with Carolina Girl and I have to learn to pace myself. It’s a marathon not a sprint. I know this is all so sudden. People might think its rushed and it is, but it absolutely feels right. I was quite surprised by how quickly my parents and little sister endorsed the relationship. I guess they could hear the passion and conviction behind my voice. It really is pretty hard to believe…the whole love at first sight thing. We could do a marketing campaign and say love at first skype. That would be more accurate. One of the good things about my spiritual walk at the moment is that im really in tune with God’s voice in my life. This absolutely feels like it has been perfectly orchestrated by Him. Just look back in my blog the past few months and notice the longing and desire for a mate. There is a book that I’ve mentioned quite a few times in this blog, The Fire of Delayed Answers. I heartily recommend it. The premise of the book is that God delays the answer in order to allow us to have spiritual growth. But once that growth is achieved, when God moves…he can move lightning fast. That is the case with Carolina Girl. Now I do talk very specifically in this blog when God speaks to me. That way when it comes to pass and it usually does, God’s faithfulness can be noted. Almost like a prophecy coming to pass. My friend Reji prophesied over me last year and targeted December 09 for something big happening. I circled the month in my calendar and eagerly awaited it. Well that came to pass…something big did indeed happen in December. I also remember during the 6 weeks of Hell in Sept.-Oct. I remember after a heartbreak that God specifically told me that I’d be married within one year. I thought about blogging about it, but I didn’t think it was too prudent to be so bold. I mean God told Joseph the future, he probably shouldn’t have shared it with his brothers. But just so I had a witness, I told my friend Darren, that I was going to get married within one year. He laughed and said, I hope that doesn’t happen. Well…I reminded him during our squash game yesterday. It looks like that very specific word will happen as well. OK…I didn’t really get into specifics about Ms. Carolina, so I will a little bit here. She just seems like a perfect match for me, as I am for her. She’s 29, beautiful (I posted her pics below) is a magnificent soccer player who played in college and is on three league teams, has a wonderful heart for God, is quite a prolific writer as noted in the blog yesterday, works at a great company with a great job, is amazingly smart, side-splittingly funny and is currently finishing her dissertation and will be getting her doctorate degree in August. For me…she seems just absolutely near perfect. I just can’t get enough of her nor she can of me. So she is flying out to Bahrain on Feb. 10 so we can see if the physical chemistry is as strong as the emotional and spiritual chemistry. We both feel a face to face meeting is a mere formality. I am flying her over to see me with the points I earned on British Airways which were about to expire. So I figured no money out of pocket for me…right? Wrong! Even though I had a free ticket, I still had to pay $572 worth of Fuel Surchages and taxes. It sucked, but still it well worth flying her over to meet her. I really am going to have a hard time waiting. I have been wife hunting for about two years now, and she has been searching for a husband for over a year. So when we connected..we were both ready for each other. We are both convinced that God orchestrated everything. It just feels so right…and I know that is a Godly impression.

I had a new friend tell me that when you initially fall in love it’s a mild form of insanity. He explained the chemical reactions in the brain are similar to what happens to people that lose their sanity. I can speak from experience, that it seems to be true. Im crazy about this girl and just can’t get enough. She’s the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about before I go to bed. I just can’t seem to get enough of her. Im also doing crazy things like staying up all night to webcam chat with her just because neither one of us wanted the moment to end. I know I know..its only been a week, this is all way too sudden. Those are accurate statements. But speaking from experience, I know these things. It might be sudden but it is also right. I think I mentioned a couple of days ago in this blog that I knew from the first date that I would marry my former wife. I’ve only had that feeling one other time in my life, and that was last Wednesday when I saw her on the webcam for the first time. It certainly was Love at First Skype. More sickeningly short posting sure to come. By the way…thank you all for your wonderfully supporting emails and facebook posts. It is appreciated. God is faithful!

No comments: