Friday, January 8, 2010

Best Decade Ever!!!!

I wasn’t sure if I should write about this just yet, but I got a few inquiries from my teaser line last night so I probably should let the cat out of the bag. I'm amazed by the support that I get through this blog. Especially for the readers from College and Los Angeles that know me and the pain I went through. It seems there are a lot of people pulling for me to be happy...which is an amazing and appreciated experience for me.

I do a lot of online dating here, Its kind of fun and plays to my strengths as a writer. Its hard to meet good Christian girls in Bahrain, because there are so few of them around. So I go to the online world, and that has its own set of obstacles since its quite daunting for the thought of anyone leaving their home and venture into the mysterious world of the Middle East. So God has continually reassured that he had a “perfect” plan for my life and that included the emotional aspect. What is amazing about being here is that I’m alone, but Im very rarely lonely. Though I do long for the feeling of having someone to come home to, someone to share your life with, a best friend, and I’ll be honest…I sure do miss the sex. Its hard going from being a married person to a celibate person. I know that God will honor my abstinence.

I’ve talked about a few girls I’ve dated on this blog before and I’ve given them monikers to protect their identity. While those girls all had the amazing list of strengths, nothing really did the trick. One of the sites Im on is eharmony. There that is a free plug for them. If you are looking for a Christian spouse, I think that is the best one, but its way….expensive. So there was this intriguing young blonde that I was matched up with a few weeks back. We were both a little hesitant because of the distance but we pushed through the process. Well once we got to the actual communicating directly something strange happened. Im not sure if there is a term for this or not, maybe Im coining it now. But the amazing thing that happened was it was a cyber version of love at first type. This is courtship in the 21st Century. There was this strange sort of instant connection that we both felt. Then it just kind of snowballed from there. There was this natural hesitation then we saw each other on skype video chat and all the suspicions were confirmed. It seemed pretty obvious to both of us that we are a perfect match for each other. I mean she thought I was extremely attractive…that has to be an Act of God right? We of course have to meet to see if there is actual physical chemistry, but it sure looks encouraging so far. So…this girl, lets call her Carolina Girl, might be the one. This sort of thing isn’t unprecedented in my life. It happened one time previous. When I first met X. We were on our first date and I knew from the first date that I wound marry her. I did…and I was happily married for most of the 15 years. So I have absolutely no regrets there because it beget three pretty incredible kids whom I love dearly. Now life has taken another twist and I get that same sort of feeling with Carolina Girl. Is it real or am I jumping the gun. It sure seems real. We just can’t seem to get enough of each other. Im sure it’s the newness of a relationship, but we are quite addicted to each other. I haven’t been getting much sleep this week…maybe 3-4 hours a night because im constantly chatting/talking/emailing her. Im hoping the newness will wear off a bit so I can keep going with a semi-normal life. But it didn’t happen last night. After going out to the Birthday party, I came back to video chat with Carolina Girl for an hour or so. Well…we kind of lost ourselves and neither one of us wanted to leave. So the next thing I know its 8:00 AM. I force myself off the phone. Then I call my parents. They are cautious and optimistic. They really have seen my pain the last few years and have felt the loss personally, especially with their grandchildren, and they want me to be happy. My mother said…”Well I can’t be too worried about this, since I’ve been praying for something like this to happen.” So it was a nice conversation with them. The divorce has brought us much closer. Im very fortunate to have them still in my life. So I couldn’t resist and called Carolina Girl back. It’s the weekend, so I could get away with this. So I wanted to just say goodnight and we wound up chatting for another hour. So my father in the earlier conversation really wanted me to go to church. I reasoned, I do my church on Monday with my group, so if I miss its ok. But I wanted to honor him, and I had a surge of adrenalin going from talking all night to Carolina Girl, so I decided to forego sleep and head to church. While my heart was willing the execution was off. I must have dozed off in church about 25 times. The good thing is that I didn’t do that whole embarrassing head drop forward then jerk back up. But the poor guy preaching must have thought he was boring me to tears. So I got out of church and came back for the most amazing Friday afternoon nap.

Carolina Girl and I sent a few emails and chats back and forth, but I didn’t want to call her just yet because she had to go to work. So I met up with 3 of my closest friends on the island and we all went to see Avatar in 3d. This was my second time seeing it. I fell asleep in this one too…thought it was a great movie. We all had dinner together at Chili’s and had some great conversation. I talk about the girls that im interested in all the time with them. So Im sure they think Im a bit like the “Boy who cried wolf” but I don’t thing I ever said that this might be the one. I think she might be. Its interesting. Do you remember when I said that December was going to be a great life changing month. I met Carolina Girl in December. Hmmmmmm.

No comments: