Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Leaving the window open

Its an interesting thing about the blog. The more soap opera-ish it is, the more hits it receives. I guess that’s just human nature, which is fine by me. Films/Television and now this blog has learned give the people a little sizzle they’ll be coming back for more. I really like posting Carolina Girl’s comments. It kind of gives me a break from writing and gives you insight into her life. She really is a remarkable girl. Im absolutely addicted to her at this point and she is to me. We can’t seem to get enough of each other, either phone calls, chats, or webcam chats. It’s a very good feeling to not only care, but to have someone care about you so much. Its been a long long time since anyone has cared for me as much as she does. My relationships for the past five years really, from my former wife to the subsequent girlfriends have always had me chasing them trying to convince them to love me, which hasn’t worked. Part of that was my issue and the girls that I chose to pursue. They were out of my league, but I always shoot for the stars. I could have been in relationships, but I decided to hold out for what I perceive to be God’s best for me. In most every way Carolina Girl is also out of my league, but I do have one thing that she craves…a good heart. She likes all the other stuff too, but I lured her in with my heart. She is craving to be loved, adored, and cared for. That is something Im very good at.

I’ve been in the clouds lately so Ive been neglecting to post my day to day stuff. I moved out of my luxury flat in with Pat the basketball coach. It’s a small apartment so I have to figure out how to put three bedrooms worth of stuff into one bedroom. Its kind of a challenge. The Iraqi’s wife helped me move. As she was trying to organize she just looked at me and smiled…You really do need a woman in your life. It was a funny line and it was true. Pat was amazed how much stuff I had. I never really considered it. I came over with three boxes, but each time I went home, I left with one suitcase and came back with two. So I’ve spent the last two days throwing stuff away. I really don’t need all the excess.

OK something happened the other night that essentially is one of the big differences between Bahrain and the U.S. I parked my car outside the building in a relatively speaking low rent type of neighborhood. When I went to my car the next morning, I was shocked to see my driver’s side window not there. Immediately my heart stopped and I hearkened back to the four times in Los Angeles my car was broken into and the window bashed in. Upon closer examination, I saw that it wasn’t bashed in, I just neglected to roll it back up when I went inside. I felt pretty stupid. What was even more incredulous to me, is that I left my iphone in plain view right on the dash. Do you think that iphone would have lasted if I parked on the same type of neighborhood in the U.S. Maybe or maybe not. There is just a common theme that there just isn’t a lot of crime here. I guess the statistics would be similar to that of the state of Utah. Where there is a mass of religious believers (whether Christian or not) there just seems to be a decrease in crime when compared to other areas. This is just one of the many reasons why I really like living out here. There are tons of other reasons as well. I am fortunate in so many ways. I do miss my children still…but they will be reconciled with me soon. I just feel it.

No comments: