Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wiped out

I am wiped out.  I got the early morning plane out of Dubai and made it back to Bahrain.  I was able to take a two hour nap, and that was nice.  I did the acting classes and again I really enjoyed them.  I’ve been teaching for awhile, so I can really go on cruise control.  Like I teach my actors.  To be a good actor you have to just feel and not think.  So when I teach really  It’s the same principle.  I know that seems totally counterintuitive (I so like that word), but it works.  The more I prepare for the class the worse it seems to go. 

Today was a different class.  Krazy Kevin, who is turning out to be a friend, did his TV show from the class.  We had a few children and teens stick around for the Kevin appearance.  He did some interviews with them which served as bumpers for his music videos.   They were thrilled to be a part of it.   In the end we did a couple of fun sketches with him.  We provided him with some pretty great TV.  He did well in choosing us.  I was a little bit concerned after the class.  We have our next round of sessions starting at St. Christopher school in two weeks.  It seems that the people that take the class absolutely love it.  But the problem is the price.  I might have priced it too high In this market.  Right now, our classes are half full and the students taking them are paying a really high price.  I do believe that it is worth the money.  We had a three person camera crew with an audio and director covering the classes.  We also put the classes online.  By the way if you ever want to see them, they are at ksdibahrain.com along with some of my other videos.  So it is a great value, but in the economy Im thinking I should drop the prices so that is weighing on me a bit.  I do want this company to be uber successful so that will pave the way for the bigger projects which I want to do.  I have such a great and talented team working under me.  We just need the proper clients to make it work.  I’m normally on top of things as far as spiritual attacks go, but lately the fear for the business (which is a tiny bit out of my control) has been weighing on me.  The enemy will keep nipping away at you until he senses a reaction.  Then like a shark sensing blood goes for the kill.  I think he found my temporary weak point but this too shall pass. 

I forgot to mention.  One of my very good friends here is a guy named Nabs Busaidy.  He’s a pretty unique character.  When I was on the ski lift yesterday, I met an American who works in Oman.  I said…hey I know an Omani…He’s going to the north pole.  The American said that he hears Nabs everyday on the radio.  So he is a little bit of a celebrity.  Im proud to know him.  He is in a race to the North Pole against others.  He’s attempting to be the first Arab up there.  He’s really worried about Polar Bears and such and is having a hard time sleeping at night.  Its so cold that even though he is covered, when he breathes out icicles form on his breath immediately making it very difficult to breathe and sleep.    It’s a pretty amazing expedition.  I thought I had an interesting life, Nabs has me beat by a long shot.  I’m now addicted to reading his blog, which he writes in daily.  He’s trying to raise money for charity.  I’m sure rooting and praying for him.

Im going to cut this a bit short tonight.  Im knackered as my Irish friends would say.  Thanks again for your prayers and support.  Especially you AJB.  Your encouragement has meant the world to me.  Im right in the midst of a spiritual battle right now and sometimes I just need a breather.  

No comments: