Monday, April 13, 2009

meetings meetings meetings

What a great day it was today.  I got so much work today.  It seems I got twice as much accomplished today.  So that makes up for yesterday when I got nothing accomplished, so that means come tomorrow I’ll be on track for a typical week.  I had a breakfast with a wonderful lady that works for the Ministry of Social Development.  She’s very high up there.  She is connecting me with some pretty important people.  She believes in me and what I’m trying to accomplish here.  She has set up a meeting with me next week with someone from the U.S. State Department who in turn is also setting me up to meet with a bunch of people that hold influential positions within the government.  Apparently there aren’t a lot of firms that do what I do out here.  So they never really taken advantage of the media opportunities.  Now that Im here to help show them how to exploit this creative outlet, Im sure it will lead to many more positive leads.  Its really nice to develop this new friend.  She’s from Australia and has a wonderful heart.  She does a lot of humanitarian work for third world countries.  Bahrain is one of the most developed areas she’s ever been stationed at.  She and her husband truly want to make a difference in this world.  I think they are.  We are going to meet again on Tuesday with the heavy hitters of the government.  They already want to see my bio and my demo reel.  Now we have to brainstorm to how best we can help them. 

After the meeting I headed back to the office.  April is going to be a very busy month for us.  We need all the cash flow we can get.  Busy is very good.  Im told July and August will be very slow months as most of the Arabs flee the Middle East during the extreme heat.  So I guess this is our way of professionally hibernating or at least preparing for hibernation.  I then went to Johnny Rockets for my next meeting.  This is for our Improv Comedy night at a lounge/nightclub.  Its pretty exciting.  Not only will this be fun and get the KSDi brand name out there.  It’s also going to make a little money.  If potentially could be big.  We are going to do it the second and fourth Tuesdays starting in May.  I am hand selecting the Improv performers from my class.  This will be an all-star crew.  I wish there was some way I could bring 1 or 2 of my star improvisers from California…but I guess Ill have to find new talent.  I think it could be a huge thing on the Island, especially since there is not other entertainment venue out there.  Speaking of entertainment venues.  The F1 Grand Prix will be here at the end of April.  From what I hear, is that everyone will descend upon for our tiny little country and race.  So for a short time, Bahrain will be on the map.  Im sure we’ll get a positive course credit from ESPN or somewhere.  Open Wheel…or Indy style racing is gigantic around the world.  Most people have no idea how big it is internationally.  The only thing most Americans know about this type of racing Is Danica Patrick. 

I had someone interview for an editing position at KSDi when I got back.  We field so many resumes here.  There are many people that want to work with us.  It’s a very good position to be in.  Then we had a last minute job come into KSDi.  This lady needed a two day photo shoot for her products in the store.  It’s a quick turnaround…but also quick cash.  We’ll take that everytime. 

To top off the day, we had our positive living group.  We had five people show up.  We watched the biography I did on Pastor Jeff Elkins:  From Prisoner to Pastor.  It was very moving.  I think everyone got a lot out of it and it spurred on for some interesting conversation at the end.  

No comments: