Monday, April 20, 2009

What a day

What a day.  I had an early morning interview with a Sheikh.  He was part of the royal family.  It was about a documentary we are producing which he is the project lead.  Very interesting conversation.  He was a well spoken guy in English as he was educated in the U.S.  It was really a delightful interview..just a really nice guy, about my age, I think.  I had a full day so after the interview I rushed out to go to my next appointment.  As the elevator doors were closing, a secretary caught us and said I had another interview set up at 10:30…which was five minutes away.  I don’t remember scheduling that interview.  So I called my 11:00 appointment to tell her I’d be late and conducted the interview.  I don’t like to be late or make other people wait for me.  I have always felt, if someone is consistently late they are saying my time is more important than yours.  So I really am conscientious to not be late.  I don’t like being too early either, I try to space it out just right. 

So I had my meeting and it was great.  The person I met with who is a regular reader of this blog, doesn’t like her name mentioned.  So I’ll keep her anonymous.  She is just so sharp, and intelligent.  Everytime I’m with her she impresses me more and more.  She is a beautiful person inside and out.  A very good heart.  She is really helping us out at KSDi.  Next I had a chat with Tanya.  Tanya has been out of the office for two weeks.  She’s part time so she only works when her kids are in school.  Sometimes that is a bit of a challenge but she is very reliable to get all her work done.  Tanya is actually becoming one of my closest friends here.  So we had two weeks of catching up to do personally…and there is all the work we have to do as well.  The meeting went a little long.  How busy was I today…I didn’t have a chance to check my email for 8 hours.  I have a true addiction to email both for business and personal use.  So I ran off to my next event…which was kind of a cool one.  We had donated our services to something called the Bahrain Garden Show, which is a big deal here.  The Queen was holding an appreciation banquet for all the participants.  It was formal and held in the beautiful Gudabiya Palace.  As she was speaking, the butlers would come out and serve coffee, tea, appetizers.  The white glove wearing servers came out in unison, almost as if it were a ballet.  It was very distinguished and made me feel honored to be there.  They came out in two’s and served the crowd of about 100 in 60 seconds or so.  It must have been rehearsed.  It was too choreographically perfect.   Then afterwards the banquet was even better.  I felt as if I had five star treatment.  It made quite an impression on me. 

I was close to home after and didn’t want to fight through the traffic to work for 30 minutes then fight back through the traffic to come home.  So I worked from home the rest of the day.  It’s Grand Prix F1 week here in Bahrain.  The racing world focuses on us this weekend.  We have V.I.P. visitors coming from all over the world to catch this event.  It’s a very big deal socially and economically.  Thus there is a lot more traffic here than usual. 

To top off the day, we had our positive living small group.  I went and bought loads and loads of Chinese Food.  That is one of my contributions to the group.  I was worried when just Reji showed up…then Jennifer came 10 minutes later.  I was thinking…this is awkward…only three.  But soon we had another 6 more show up for a healthy group of 8.  Only three of those eight including myself were Christians.  So that is exactly who I want to target.  We talked about forgiveness and watched one of Joel Osteen’s/Lakewood’s video.  It sure helped spur some very healthy philosophical discussion.  Im not sure how the seeds that we planted will grow, that is up to the Holy Spirit to harvest them.  But still its nice having a small little group which is a fulfillment of the vision that God had put on my heart.  Im very thankful for Lakewood Church in providing me all the free material.  Its such a blessing.  Wow…what a day.  

No comments: