Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Johnny Appleseed

Are you guys getting sick of how tired I am?  I know I put myself under this sort of schedule, so Its my choice.  I really am trying to maximize my life here and sleep just seems to get in the way.  Its not like I waste much time of the day.  I don’t watch TV, and I only catch a movie once every two weeks.  I guess my to do list is getting so massive and since I teach twice a week now, I only have four other working days to get everything done.  I know, I know break out the violins.  Im not complaining at all.  Its just that I have to strike a balance when to get my stuff done as a writer-director-producer-editor, and when to get my stuff done as a GM, and when I need to get my stuff done as a publicist, and when to get my stuff done as a sales guy.  I know I’m wearing a lot of hats right now.  One project in particular is hanging over my head.  I think once I get that completed it will pave the way for me to be ultra efficient in all the other areas of my professional life. 

I had some amazing meetings today.  Its amazing how much favor I’m getting with friends and colleagues out here.  Im not really doing anything to deserve it.  Im just being me and people are somehow responding like I have done something very special.  I don’t mind that at all.  It goes to testify what Joel Osteen preached a year ago at Lakewood.  If you live your life right, God will pour out his blessings of favor upon you.  People will treat you right, they might now know why, but they will.  That is exactly what is happening to me, I’m covered in the favor of the Lord.  Its certainly a good place to be. 

I didn’t get hardly anything done today that I wanted to do.  Instead, I had three very important and powerful meetings.  Its all paving the way for the long term growth of the company.  The more the company grows, the more influence I’ll have to spread God’s influence throughout Bahrain and the world.  Because Im so passionate about my faith, I find it very easy to talk about my beliefs, my pain, and God’s faithfulness without being overbearing at all.  I just share my faith in a very simple and matter of fact way.  That tends to catch people off guard and I appreciate that. 

 Tanya and I had a meeting today.  In the car we had a long talk about religion.  She was complaining that one of her friends was telling her that Christ is the only way to get to heaven.  While that is true, Tanya was rather put off by the way the message was delivered.  I took a different approach to that.  Tanya sees my faith in action not words.  Like St. Francis of Assissi said, preach the gospel always when necessary use words.  I told Tanya, you have to be honest with yourself.  Examine different faiths, and find out what works best for you.  (Knowing full well that Christianity works the best, she has to figure out that for herself.)  With me I know that Christianity works perfect for me, with the amount of pain I have survived with my peace and joy in tact, that proves to me there is a God.  I went further.  I told her that I think the Bible is a good guideline for healthy living.  You take away the prospects of a Heaven and a Hell, and I still choose to life my life by the precepts of the Bible because that simply is the most mentally healthy way to live.  Tanya responded…now that makes a whole lot more sense to me.  Who knows what seeds I’ve planted with her?  I just feel like Im the Johnny Appleseed of Christian/positive living over here casting out seeds wherever I travel.  Its up to the Holy Spirit to harvest those seeds.  

No comments: