Monday, February 1, 2010

Routine

What a great day it was. I sure do like starting my day off with wonderful emails from Jennifer. Actually that is not how we usually start our day. I get up about 45 min. early and while I put on my robe to dry off from the shower that is when we have our morning webcam chat. Its 7:00 am my time, and 11:00 PM her time. Its our routine. It’s a really good way to start off the day…D’oh..i keep messing up, my actual routine is the start the day off on my knees..as I roll out of bed. That is my way of denying myself and asking God to bless me and keep me from evil, then I start the day.

Tanya had some good news which kind of made my day. She sold a Legacy biography. That is our first one here in Bahrain. These are turning out to be very difficult to sell. Arabs need to see it to be convinced. So once we get a couple made and they see what they look like, they’ll want one for themselves/their family. So that was good, and we recorded some vo with a new voice talent. I really like being busy at work. I don’t like it when we don’t have a lot to do. Im not that efficient when we don’t have a lot to do. Its an amazing think about Tanya. She’s one of my best friends here. I told her this today. We disagree fundamentally about most things. In fact we really don’t agree on a lot. I told her we have no business being friends with the way we so vehemently disagree with each other. But God must have a higher calling for that friendship.

It was the Positive Living group tonight. We have made a good transition from my old place in Juffair to Pat’s place. We’ve had a few drop-offs but that is to be expected. We had about 8 show up tonight which is nearly the perfect size. Luvlin, my Australian friend, didn’t want me providing the food each week by myself so she decided to pitch in. She made this wonderful sauce for spaghetti. She also brought this Indian potato dish that was delicious. Normally its spicy, but she knows I don’t’ like spicy so she toned it down for me. My job was to provide salad and garlic bread. So I went next door to the bakery. This is the same bakery I get my breakfast sandwich with Pork bacon every morning. Im not sure why but they always treat me like a celebrity when I go in there. They are always so excited to see me.

So it was a great meal. The message from Joel was essentially what my life has been for the last four years. The refiners fire is hot so God can mold and shape us into works of art. Its uncomfortable but in the end it is all worth it. After Joel’s message. I am starting to share more and more. At first we just started a group discussion and it went back and forth as people shared their ideologies. But lately, I’ve been sharing more and more. Its almost as if Im turning into a minister/pastor, at least a lay version. This isn’t because I have a captive audience, quite the contrary actually. When I share I absolutely feel the prompting of the Holy Spirit. So the words just seem to flow. Is that the next stage for this group. Am I supposed to stop the Osteen DVD and instead just share with my heart? If it is, Im ready for it. I have a very unique style when I share. I am real and don’t put on any pretenses. I think my particular group likes that.

I am just a vessel and God is using. Speaking of being used. I want to use all of you. Please lift up my relationship with my children. Its seemingly worse than ever. But God is good and he promised that I would be reconciled with my children someday.

No comments: