Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Been a couple of days (500th Post)

I want to apologize for not posting the blog lately, but my priorities were in a different order. I wound up going to Dubai with Jennifer. What a great experience that was. Jennifer Im finding is a truly different and wonderful girl. She has a genius level intellect, almost beyond genius. She is like rocket scientist type of smart. When you compare that to her quirky sense of humor, love for God, athletic body, and breathtaking smile you don’t have to look far to why I fell hard for her. But with like most super-geniuses they have their set of quirks. Jennifer is no different. We all have our little quirks. I think its God plan to match us with mates that help us deal with our own quirks. I know I have mine and Jennifer is helping me with them. The more time I spend with Jennifer the more I realize that she is the perfect one for me. She will be a little higher maintenance than most, but the performance will be that much better. I liken her to a Ferrari. I’ve told her this and I’ve told her father as well. You can get a cheap and dependable Hyundai and that works quite well, low maintenance, low hassles. Or you can get a Ferrari, that is high maintenance but it is high performance and handles incredibly well. I always opt for the Ferrari. The main thing I don’t get about Jennifer is how a girl as fabulous as her would fall for a regular guy like me. Im honored, but God in turn honored me by bringing her into my life. I am quite a traditional guy so I had a talk with her father. He’s a really nice guy, but its weird (Im sure for him too) because he is only 18 years older than me. So it was the first time that I had ever spoken to him. I introduced myself and told him how wonderful I thought his daughter was. I asked him for her hand in marriage. I guess I should have done that before I asked Jennifer at the airport but it wouldn’t have been quite the storybook romance. So he asked me to spend a little more time with Jennifer and ask him again in 8 days. So I did just that. Each day I spend with her confirms in my mind even more. This is not to say that this will be a perfect conflict-free relationship. We are both stubborn-strong willed people who are advanced in our professions and more or less set in our ways. But we both realize that God has to be the focal point of any relationship in order for it to work. We are both committed to “For Better or Worse” and “Til Death do us part.” Neither one of us will ever go through a divorce again. We are that determined. So I called Jennifer’s father back and we talked a lot. It was my job to convince him that I would be a good caretaker for his daughter (sheesh, that makes her sound like a horse). He did give me his permission and blessing. Now how and when this marriage takes place is yet to be seen. I wanted to do it around the Spring Break time in Mid-march, but my boys told me that they didn’t want to see me then. (Its more parental alienation from my former spouse. Now that I’ve found love she’s pouring it on even thicker. Please pray.) Even when we get married we’re not sure when she’ll be able to move out here because of her Job and her PhD dissertation. So a lot is still in the air. But Im not worried about any of the details. God has directed every one of my steps so far and there is no reason why He is not going to finish the job. I still have so much more to write about it. We stayed in a couple of fabulous hotels/resorts in Dubai. The highlight had to be the Atlantic Palm, which is on the tip of the manmade palm islands which Dubai is famous for. This place was the best resort I’ve ever stayed at. But since Jennifer is so good at her descriptive writing I’ll have her share her point of view on this in the next day or so. My job will be to add pictures. If you are on facebook, Jennifer already posted the online ones. Please continue to pray for me. There is a lot going on and the Devil is certainly in attack mode. This encourages me as it means that I must be doing something right.

No comments: